Chapter Three- Keefe

Sophie looked like she might either punch me, or kiss me- personally, I was hoping for the later. Instead she threw her arms around me, surrounding me in a warm hug.  

"Hey there Foster." I cringed, my voice was raspy from the weeks of sleep and lack of talking. I really needed to fix that- it messed with my style. When Sophies eyes opened, she blushed and looked away noticing Fitz enter the room. "Your really cute when you blush, you know."

Her blush deepened, "Sorry. It just- I- Keefe-" I looked her over, her blonde hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in ages and the bags under her eyes were darker then I had ever seen them before. 

I couldn't tell if she was talking to me or Fitz but I responded anyways. "No problem, Foster. It's been a while, at least thats what Elwin said. I don't blame you, anyone would do it. Pretty sure Ro wanted to hug me to. I am pretty awesome." I smirked, her smile seemed almost... distant.

"You are." 

"Aww, did the Mysterious Miss. F just call me awesome?" My smirk grew, Sophies cheeks were even more red. 

"Don't make me regret it."

"Never."

---

Sophie had somehow convinced her battalion to let her stay the rest of the day as Elwin checked and rechecked every bone of my body. 

"Are you sure he's fine?"

"Yes, he's fine, as I said, I've checked him a dozen times."

"I just don't want any risks." 

"I understand, but I have saved you from all you near death experiences, who says I cant save him?" 

She sighed, glancing over at me. I smirked, yeah, sure. I had teased her about being cute when she was worried, but it was defiantly true. The small crease between her brown eyes was adorable. But that didn't mean I liked it, knowing she was worried. She didn't deserve to worry. It wasn't worth it. I wasn't worth it. 

"No worries Blondie, Lord Hunky hair will be fine." Ro supplied. "He's survived worse."

"What could be worse then almost being killed my your mother!?" Sophie practically shouted, "He half dead for two and a half weeks! And nows he's just completely fine? I can't simply believe he's just somehow been completely healed within a few minutes." 

"What, do you want something to be wrong?" I asked, smirking.

"No." She looked down, "I just don't want you to be hurt worse. I just... want you to be fine. I don't want any risks." She whispered, a tiny tear slipped down her cheek. My smile fell, and I leaned forward brushing the tear off her cheek.

"Don't worry, Foster. Elwin's got me, same with Ro. They'll keep me healthy, and I'm sure Elwin's got some special orders for me and after that I'll be great." I grinned.

"You can't say that, me and you both know that you won't follow whatever rules Elwin gives you." 

"Sure I will, now that Ro's here to stop me from doing anything else. And besides, there no need to keep you worrying." I suppose I wasn't really thinking, and didn't realize what I could be agreeing to. If I had to stay in bed for even a week again I would go crazy, I don't know how Sophie did it. 

"Right, and we all know how good Ro is at stopping you from getting yourself in trouble." Sophie crossed her arms, rolling her eyes.

"This time we won't even need Ro to keep me down. I'll keep myself down. But only for you, theres no need to make you rip out all your eyelashes. And I'm also hoping for some visits this time." 

"That was way to easy. Whatever your planning-" Sophie started, but I cut her off shaking my head.

"I'm not planning anything." 

"Really?" She inquired, her gaze was stern but I couldn't help notice the gold specks in her eyes. 

"Yeah, Foster. I promise, but only if I get a visit or two. Last time was dreadfully boring and-"

"Fine. But how do I know you'll keep your promise? You aren't exactly the record maker on that note." She uncrossed her arms and put the on her hips, as if unsure what to do with them. 

"Ouch, Foster." 

"Keefe, you know it's true."

"Okay, fine. If I don't follow Elwin's orders, I owe you a favor. If I do, you owe me a favor. Or a dare. Whatever. Please Sophie. Trust me. I'll be fine, there will be no reason to worry." I took one of her hands in mine, and she stared at them. "I'll be fine, and you can visit me and make sure I'm doing everything Elwin asks me to do."

"Fine, but if you don't keep your end of the deal-" She started.

"No need to worry about it Foster. Glad you care." I said with a wink.