Chapter 27 - Keefe

Okay, somehow the chapters went all weird, and went from 25 to 28. I swear I can count!

My throat was rubbed raw, the same raw as my wrists. There was a stinging pain in my stomach. I looked down and watched as blood leaked from a hole in my tunic. A knife hole. 

Panakes petals were littered across the wound, and Sophie was pressing her hands against it. Tears streamed down her cheeks. She said something I couldn't make out. My vision went blurry, then the image changed. Lights seared in my vision, and I blinked. I turned my head, to avoid the lights. When I looked near my left leg there was a large bandage, same with my entire torso. It was surprisingly hard to breath. 

I looked to my right, Kenric stood there staring at me. Before I could say anything, the image changed again. Sophie was in bonds, to hooded figures carrying her unconscious form away. A call went out, seemingly from her. 

Sing swan- it stopped for a moment, as if hesitating. Then it continued. Spring swan, then lets fly. Follow the pretty bird across the sky. Call swan, fall swan. Then lets rest, tucked in the branches of your quiet nest.

I could only stare as they took her away. Then the image changed again, this time I was back at the cliff. But I was falling again, and watching as my tunic disintegrated around me. Then there was something soft under me, and the image changed again. 

The next image was... okay fun. Was it really important for me to see Sophie and Fitz get together- again? They were kissing then- I let out asmall snort. She pushed him away and slapped his face, leaving a red mark. Don't get me wrong, its not the fact that she slapped him that made me laugh, it was his face. He looked like he had just been in a haunted house. 

Just like last time, each image replayed three times. Why three times?

"If your gonna keep dropping like this every five minutes, I don't think I'm gonna like this new power of yours." I blinked as Sophies face came into view above me. She was staring down at me, her brows furrowed in worry. Her hair was swept to one side, tickling my skin. There must have been a light behind her because she seemed to have a halo around her head. Honestly? She didn't need a halo to look like an angel. I silently scolded myself, dude. Stop loosing your cool. Way to cheesy man.

"Don't worry, I already hate it." I smirked, Sophie rolled her eyes. She stared for a moment, making my smirk widen. "Like what you see?" 

She blushed and pushed away. She stood, and held her hand out. I grabbed it, pulling myself up.  I kept hold of her hand, if only for a moment. She looked away, but my smirk stayed.

She hadn't answered my question. 

Honestly, at this point anything to give me hope would work. Just a small thing. Like a smile or a blush. Truth be told, I was crazy about Sophie. I could say it a million times, every time more true then the last. 

If there was a cure for love, I really, really needed it. I know, I sound ridiculous. But I needed it. It hurt so much to love someone who doesn't love you. At least, doesn't know they love you. It's almost impossible for me not to tell her what her heart feelings are. But I have to let her figure it out on her own.

And remember my promise.

For now, its just friends.

I have to let her choose, and let her find her own feelings.

But it got harder and harder by the day.