Chapter 14 - Sophie

I gasped and my eyes widened, I froze. When I got a hold of myself, I pushed him away. Not how I expected our first kiss.

Fitz grinned at me, but I just stared at him in shock.

"So, you made it official than?" I turned to see Keefe standing in the doorway. Guilt clouded my mind, though what of I didn't know.

"Keefe- I- we-" I sighed. "What are doing here Keefe?" 

"Elwin said I could go home but I thought I would visit you. Clearly your busy I'll just come another time." He turned and walked out of the room, his head low.

"Keefe! Wait, please." He didn't listen.

I rubbed my temples, Fitz's grin turned into a confused frown. "Fitz, I thought we were waiting." I said finally. His frown deepened. "Remember? I said just friends for now. You said you wouldn't just take things into your own hands." I wasn't quite sure why his kissing me made me mad. I had waited for this day for years, and now that it came I wish it hadn't.

"I'm not taking things into my own hands, I'm just speeding things up a little. It was gonna happen eventually-"

"Just speeding things up a little? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? That is taking things into your own hands, you want it faster you make it faster. I thought we were just gonna let it happen when it happens."

"Well, it happened. So what, honestly. I thought you would be happy about it." He growled back. 

"No, Fitz. You told me you would only kiss me when I felt ready. I'm not."

"Oh, well I'm sorry." He said sarcastically. "Is it so horrible that your boyfriend wanted to kiss you?!"

"You aren't even my boyfriend right now, just friends. Thats what I said. Fitz, you know thats what I said! We agreed on more time." My voice rose, and I thrusted my hands angrily.

"And it has been more time, how much do you need?" 

"I don't know, Fitz. I really don't."

He scoffed, "And I suppose you'll never know, will you. You'll just keep postponing. You know, that only makes things awkward."

"Well, it's more awkward when you force things on me!"

"Well if you'd just accept it, then maybe it wouldn't be that way."

"I am not just going to let you force these things on me, you cant make me want to speed things up, okay? If you actually care you will respect my wishes!"

"I tried that and it didn't work! But apparently kissing you doesn't work either! Nothing works for you Sophie!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's suppose to mean, that your too picky. Even with our plans, you go and change them up because nothing is ever good enough for you."

"You know what? Leave."

"Excuse me?"

"If I'm so picky, then why stay? Just go back to Everglen, and stay there. Im not sure I can be with someone whose not going to respect my wishes, or even me." I said coldly. 

"Fine." He stormed out and light leaped away. I stared after him. I looked over to the closet where Jolie was standing, her eyes wide. She had two dresses in her hands, but she put them down. She had obviously heard everything, or at least enough.

I sat on my bed and placed my face in my hands.

"Are you-"

"I don't want to talk about it." I realized how rude I sounded, "Sorry, its just... I need some time" I sighed.

"I understand. I'll just be in my room if you need me." I was surprised at how quickly Jolie had taken the role of older sister. She left, and I sat in silence.

 I didn't cry, didn't scream or shout. I just sat there, staring at the flowers on the carpet Like somehow I knew this would happen. I tugged on my eyelashes. I sighed again, then looked at the paintings Keefe had given me. Fitz was painted on one side while Keefe was on the other. I stared at it for a moment.

Suddenly, I stood upend grabbed a piece of paper. I scribbled a short note on it, explaining where I was going. I then ran up the stairs to the leap master.

"Shores of Solace." I called out.