Chapter 35 - Wylie

This is just a short, filler chapter but I figured you might want something to see what Wylie feels after all he's gone through. And yeah, maybe I just felt like torturing you guys with these emotions.

Dead.

She was dead.

Just like my mother. 

Hadn't I had enough tragedy for a life time? Why, why did she have to die? Why was it her? 

I was always told every story had a happy ending- well where was mine? Everything I ever loved, or ever knew would disappear just as I am getting a hold of it. It would simply slip through my fingers. Like water, or sand. My mother told me of the humans fairy tales. Each ended with a happy family, the girl and guy getting each other and a happily ever after. But my story was no fairy tale.

It never was.

And that happily ever after?

I would never get it.

No matter how much I wished, how much I dreamed or even begged. 

But no. Happily ever afters were for fairy tales. Not real life.

I stared blankly ahead. Tam was long gone, and he had dragged Glimmer with him. I collapsed onto the grass, my mind blank. I could barely think- barely breath.

She was truly gone. Several people tried to pat me on the back, tell me everything would be okay. But it wouldn't be. 

"Stop. Stop telling me everything going to be alright! You've told me the same lie over and over ever since my mother died! Ever since my father went to Exile! You've been saying it my whole life! I'm sick of it. It's not true. If we don't beat the Neverseen soon, it will never be okay." I finally snapped, when Maruca was trying to tell me the same thing as everyone else. Everyone else fell silent. I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just... sick of getting the short end of the stick."

"It's okay. I understand why your angry. You have a right." She half smiled, though she couldn't meet my eyes. 

I sighed. Linh didn't deserve to die. After all she had done, all she has ever wanted to do she was just cast aside like a used toy. I was sick of the Neverseen taking what I loved. For once, I wanted to win. I would not lose anyone else. I wouldn't let them take anyone else. I placed my head in my hands, trying to blink away the tears.

But they kept coming. 

If Linh were her she would gather them, using some water trick and she would make me happy. But she wasn't here. Not anymore. 

The only way to get what I deserved was to take the Neverseen down.

And I would.

If I had to do it singlehandedly, I would. But I had a team. People who would help.

And we would take them down, no matter what it took.