Chapter 49 - Keefe

Ahh it feels so good to put Keefe up there again... 

So Im still trying to go back to normal after writing that last chapter... so this writing is probably messy.

Anyways, three more chapters guys! I had a chapter I was gonna do but decided not to so its one less then I previously planned. I am officially starting the saddest countdown of my life... Comment if you want an epilogue :D

I stared at Sophie. All the pains I had experienced these past few weeks were nothing to seeing her. Her wrists seemed half decayed. Apparently she knew about mother as well. Her beautiful brown eyes were wide as she stared at me. 

"Hey Foster." I said, trying for a smirk. She lunged forward, but the cloaked figures held her back.

"I thought you were dead! We all did. I couldn't even think about you without breaking down. An then Fitz tried to make his move on me and I went to the forbidden cities-" She was cut off with a sob. There was nothing I wanted more then to wrap her in my arms and tell her everything would be okay. 

"Hey, Foster. It's okay. I'm here now. Were gonna be okay." 

She only sobbed harder. Great job Keefe. You really are good at comforting people. I remembered her voice in my head, less then a minute before they had dragged me out of my white, rather boring cell. She had called Swan Song. She didn't believe we would make it out. But we had to. She had to. We wouldn't lose- not after all this time. We simply couldn't. I would find a way to get her out of here, even if I died trying. It was better then living a life without her. 

"Enough of the sappy reunion." I glared up at my mother, who held my by my hair. Luckily she had her gloves on, or else my hair... I shuddered. Better not to think about life with out The Hair. "Are you going to give me your answers now?" She snapped.

"Sophie..." I didn't even notice I had called her by her first name. "Don't. Whatever she wants, it isn't worth it."

"Do you really Keefe to die on your behalf?" 

"Sophie, please. Just find a way out. If I don't make it, thats okay. But you have to-"

"Shut up!" My mother snapped, forcing my head back. She suddenly let go, taking off her gloves."You don't answer Sophie, and I give Keefe the same treatment I gave you." She glanced at my wrists.

"Please. No. Don't do this." Sophie managed. Blood trickled from her lips, and her cheeks seemed swollen. Every breath seemed to be a labor for her. 

"Then give me the answers." My mother replied, deadly calm.

"Don't, Sophie. One life isn't worth them winning. Either way they will kill me in the end."

"I said shut up!" My mother yelled at me, stepping closer. I didn't even flinch.

"Listen, I should have told you sooner- but I... I love you Foster. I really do."

"Keefe, don't. We both have to make it out."

"You won't if you don't answer my questions." My mother said, turning back to Sophie. She knelt down to look into Sophies eyes. "Otherwise, I push him." Just then I realized how dangerously close I was to the edge.

"I. Wont. Answer. To. You." Sophie said through clenched teeth. I smiled. She was strong. She already made it without me once, she could do it twice.

My mother spun around, she pressed her hand against me. I teetered off the edge, suddenly feeling weightless. The wind ripped past me. Suddenly, instead of down, I was going up. I had landed on a rather soft thing. Glitterbutt. My air was knocked out of me. I was soaring on her wings, I clutched at her neck so as not to fall.

I wanted to thrash and kick and force the alicorn to go back to the cave. But I couldn't. It would be better to have more people with us. I had to get help. As much as I despised it, I really needed it. 

And if all went to the plan currently spinning in my mind...

The Neverseen were going down tonight.

Two more chapters guys... Don't forget to comment if you want an epilogue!!