Chapter 36 - Glimmer

This is like half a chapter, but it is VERY VERY VERY important...

Tam ran his fingers through his hair forcefully. Already his eyes seemed to have a crazy look in them, I had seen a side of him I never expected. I watched, my eyes tracking his every move. 

"Your right, you know." I said.

"About what?" He stopped pacing to look at me.

"It's their fault. It's been them all along you should have been fighting. We thought the Neverseen left us behind, but they are worse." I took a step forward. This was my moment. If I didn't do this now, they would ruin me. "If they hadn't forced you guys to help them, to help them drown a city and save Kenric... Then they just let her die." 

"What are you trying to say?" He growled, glaring at me. His stare was ice cold, I involuntarily shivered. 

"What I'm trying to say is they should pay." I walked behind him, leaning close. "The Neverseen can do exactly that." I whispered into his ear.

"The Neverseen are the ones who murdered-" I cut him off, smirking.

"How do you know that? How do you know they didn't simply... make it seem so? Perhaps they were simply trying to get her off their back, and staged her death... The circumstances are suspicious, don't you think?" I said slyly. "It would be too easy if Kenric were actually there. And sending you and Linh? Of all people?"

He frowned. It slowly got deeper and deeper, until finally he sat down. 

"What about the Neverseen?"

"What about them?"

"How do we know it wasn't them?" His eyes narrowed.

"Because they had nothing to do with the planning. And Sophies inflicting went right through Gisela, didn't it?" I cringed, recognizing my mistake a moment to late. But he didn't even flinch. 

"Are you saying..."

"That Gisela was silly an illusion?" I suggested. "Of course. Why else would she be unaffected?"

Tams scowl deepened. "And I suppose you know where to find the Neverseen?"

"Ofcourse."

Perhaps he was a little mad because of the death of his sister, but that made him all the more vulnerable. And after all, if Keefe was no help Lady Gisela had big plans for Tam. 

"Bring me to them. I want a word."