Chapter Thirteen

Allison's Point of View.

Harry and I follow Professor Lupin into his classroom. ''Whats a Grindylow?'' Harry asks. ''It's a water dweller,'' I tell him. Lupin looks at me and nods. ''That is correct Allison. May I ask how you know that?'' Lupin asks. ''Hermione and I read our books before school started,'' I tell him. 

He nods before looking at Harry. ''As Allison just told you a Grindylow is a water demon. We shouldn't have much trouble with him. Not after the Kappas as least,'' Lupin tells us kneeling beside a tank with the water demon inside. 

''The trick is to break its grip. Notice it's abnormally long fingers,'' Lupin says pointing them out. ''They are strong but very brittle,'' Lupin tells us. I nod my head remembering the information from the book. 

Lupin leads us away from the tank and towards his desk. ''Tea?'' he offers. ''I was just thinking of making one,'' he tells us. ''Yes please,'' I say politely while Harry just awkwardly nods his head looking a little uncomfortable. ''Sit down. I only have teabags. I expect you are over tea leaves,'' Lupin tells us making the tea. 

I nod at him while Harry just looks at him. ''How did you know about that?'' Harry asks. Lupin smiles passing Harry and I both a cup of tea. ''Professor McGonigal told me,'' he tells us sitting down with his cup of tea. ''Your not worried are you?'' Lupin asks him. Harry shakes his head no.

''Something wrong Harry?'' Lupin asks as he put down his cup of tea. I take notice of how Harry seemed to be lost in his thoughts. ''Harry,'' I say reaching out and grabbing his hand. Harry seemed to snap out of it at my touch. ''Sorry, just got lost in thought,'' Harry tells us. 

''Is something wrong?'' Lupin repeats his question. ''You know that day we fought the Boggart?'' Harry asked putting down his cup of tea. Lupin nods ''yes!'' Lupin tells Harry. ''Why didn't you let my fight it?'' Harry asks. Lupin raises his eyes ''I thought it would have been obvious Harry,'' Lupin says leaning forward in his chair. Harry looked confused ''Why?'' he asks. 

''I would have thought that it would have taken the shape of Lord Voldemort,'' Lupin tells us. ''Clearly, I was wrong,'' Lupin says as he leant back in his chair. ''I did think of Voldemort at first but then the night of the Dementor attack came to mind,'' Harry says.

 It's then that I was reminded that I also flashbacked to that night. Lupin looks impressed by Harry. ''I am impressed that means that the thing you fear the most is fear its self. Very wise Harry,'' Lupin tells him. Harry didn't know how to respond to that so he just drunk some more tea. 

''So you have been thinking that I didn't think you were capable of fighting the Boggart,'' Lupin says. Harry was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. ''Come in,'' Lupin called out. 

In came Snape who was carrying a goblet. He stopped and his eyes narrowed on Harry and me. Lupin smiles ''Ah Severus thank you. You can just leave that on the desk here please,'' Lupin tells him. Snape sets the potion on the desk looking between Harry, Lupin and myself. Lupin notices.

''I was just showing Harry and Allison the Grindylow I had ordered for next lesson,'' Lupin says pointing at the tank. Snape nods. ''Fascinating,'' Snape says in his usual tone. ''You should drink that directly Lupin,'' Snape says nodding down at the goblet. 

They go on and talk about the potion while Harry and I look at the potion suspiciously. Soon enough Snape leaves and Lupin notices the looks we were giving the goblet and smiles at us. ''Professor Snape was kind enough to make me this potion. I have never been that good of a potion brewer and this one is particularly complex,'' Lupin tells us.