Chapter Twenty-Four

Allison's Point of View.

''Your mental,'' Ron tells them. Harry and Hermione nod in agreement. ''That is why I wanted to look at Scabbers,'' Remus tells them. ''Peter Pettigrew is dead, he killed him twelve years ago,'' Harry tells them pointing at Black. 

''I meant to, but Pettigrew got the better of me,'' Black mumbles under his breath glaring at the rat in Professor Lupin's hands. Sirius gets up and goes for the rat but Lupin moves out of the way. 

''Sirius no! We have to explain everything first,'' Lupin tells him. ''We can explain after,'' Black says. ''No, they have got to understand. Sirius, Harry has a right to the truth, and Allison needs to know why you have been supposedly after her this year,'' Lupin tells him. 

Black slightly calms down before nodding. ''Tell them whatever you like. I want to commit the murder I was sent to Prison for,'' Black tells him. 

''There were witnesses who saw him kill Peter,'' Harry says turning to face Lupin. ''A whole street full of them,'' Harry continues. ''They didn't see what they thought they saw,'' Black tells us. 

''Everyone thought Sirius killed Peter. I even thought so myself, but when I saw the Map tonight and saw Peter's name I knew it wasn't true. The map never lies,'' Lupin tells us. ''Peter's alive and I am holding him in my hands right now,'' Lupin tells us holding Scabers up to show us. 

''But Professor, how could Pettigrew be alive. Scabbers can't be him. It's not possible,'' Hermione speaks up with a trembling voice. ''How could it not be true?'' Lupin asks Hermione calmly. 

''Well everyone would know that Pettigrew was an Animagus. We had a lesson on them with Professor McGonigal. Allison and I did our homework. The Ministry keeps a register on all those who are Animagus's!'' Hermione tells him. 

''Unless you didn't register,'' I say looking between the adults. Harry, Ron and Hermione look at me before looking at the two. 

''Like always you have the talent of putting two and two together Allison,'' Lupin praises. ''The Ministry never knew that there were three unregistered Animagi running around at Hogwarts,'' Lupin tells us. 

''Get a move on Remus. I have had twelve years of waiting. I don't know how much longer I can take,'' Black speaks up. 

''Alright but you need to help me, Sirius. I only know how to begin. Ron here, Make sure to keep a firm grip on him. I can prove my theory but we need Scabbers for it,'' Remus says passing him Scabbers. 

Ron nods taking back the rat. There was a creek near the door and the six of us lookout. Lupin walks over to the door and looks out ''No one is there,'' Lupin tells us. 

''This is place is haunted,'' Ron tells them. Lupin laughs looking back at us. ''No, it isn't, It never was. The screams and howls the villagers had used to hear were from me,'' Lupin tells us. 

''That is where all this starts. With me becoming a Werewolf. None of this would have happened if I hadn't been bitten,'' Lupin goes to continue but was nearly interrupted by Ron. Hermione and I shushed him and looked at Lupin intently. 

Lupin tells us the story of how he was a small boy when he was bitten. ''The potion Professor Snape has been making me makes me safe. So long as I take it during the week leading up to the full moon. I keep my mind when I transform thanks to the Potion. I am able to stay in my office, a harmless wolf waiting for the moon to wane away,'' Lupin tells us.