Chapter Forty-One

Allison's Point of View.

''So what is this book that Hermione mentioned?'' Ron asks stuffing his face with food as we sat down. I roll my eyes at his eating habits but tell them about the book anyway. 

''It's a book of spells. The type of spells that we haven't even been taught yet or maybe we never will. They aren't like the spells we get taught,'' I tell them. 

''Wouldn't that be dangerous then?'' Harry asks looking at me in concern. ''Back in class that was the only time that I have used a spell. With each spell there is a picture and description of what it does,'' I tell them. 

''What's the big deal?'' I ask them before taking a bite out of my food. Harry raises his eyebrows looking at me in even more concern. 

''I don't know maybe it has the memory of an evil wizard inside of it like Tom Riddle's diary,'' he tells me. I look at him and nod getting his point. ''The writing was already there and I am not writing in it,'' I tell him. 

When I see that I was not calming him down I stared into his eyes. ''I promise you, straight after dinner I will walk up to Dumbledore's office and tell him about it!'' I tell him. He looks at me for a moment before nodding his head. 

Soon he and Ron got into a conversation about their Divination homework. I just ignored their conversation and turned to Hermione. ''Do you really think there is something wrong with the book?'' I ask her. 

''I mean, you saw it, there is nothing out of the ordinary,'' I tell her. Hermione just looks at me sheepishly. ''Allison, Harry has a point. The book just appeared out of nowhere, that is not normal,'' she tells me. I raise my eyes at her. 

''We are in a school, with moving paintings that talk, ghosts and magic and you're finding a book appearing out of thin air not normal?'' I ask her. She looks as if she was about to say something but stops. 

''Okay you have a point but still. There is still something up with that book,'' she says. ''Exactly why I am going to Dumbledore about it after dinner,'' I tell her turning to my food. 

''Where is the book anyway? I will go up and get it and bring it back down on my way to the library,'' she asks me. I continue to look down at me food trying not to look at her. ''Allison where is the book?'' she asks me. 

I look at her momentarily before glancing at my bag before looking back at Hermione. ''You've got it in your bag?'' she asks me with her eyes wide open in disbelief. I nod my head sheepishly. She rolls her eyes but turns to the boys and tells them that she is going to the Library. 

Soon enough once dinner was done the boys had walked with me up to the head table. ''Ahh Allison, I was wondering when you would come to me,'' Dumbledore says smiling at me. 

I share a look with Harry and Ron before looking back at our headmaster. If you would follow me, Allison, we will talk once we reach my office. Minerva as deputy headmistress you are also welcome to join us,'' Dumbledore tells her. 

He then turns to Harry and Ron. ''I would allow you two to come but you have your homework to do,'' he says smirking. ''Not to worry no doubt she will tell you everything when she gets back to Gryffindor Tower,'' Dumbledore tells them. They look at me hesitantly. 

I smile at them reassuringly. ''Don't worry I will explain everything while Hermione and I help you with your work,'' I tell them smirking at the end of my sentence. They nod at me smiling before turning around and making their way out of the  Great Hall. 

I turn back to the Professor's standing in front of me. They both smile at me. ''Shall we?'' Dumbledore asks. I nod at him and together the two professors and myself make our way to his office.