Chapter Sixty-Eight

Allison's Point of View.

I now understand why Harry told me to be quiet. Fudge's and McGonigals voices were nearing the Hospital Wing. With my advanced hearing, I could hear their argument clearly. 

''Regrettable but all the same Minerva,'' I hear Fudge yell as they near the Hospital Wing. ''You should never have brought it into the castle. When Dumbledore finds out,'' McGonigal was saying before the doors to the Hospital wing were thrown open.

''Where is Dumbledore?'' Fudge demands as he nears Mum, McGonigal and Snape following behind him. Bill stood behind Mum while Ron and Hermione sat in their seats. 

''He's not here,'' Mum tells him angrily. ''This is a hospital wing Minister. Don't you think you are better too,'' Mum was interrupted as the doors opened once again. 

I look over and see Dumbeldore walking in. ''What has happened?'' Dumbledore asks sharply. 

''Why are you disturbing these people. Minerva, I'm surprised. I asked you to stand guard over Barty Crouch,'' Dumbledore says looking at McGonigal.

''There is no need to stand guard over him now Dumbledore. The Minister has seen to that!'' McGonigal tells him. ''When we told Fudge that we had caught the one responsible for tonight's events he seemed to think his personal safety was in question!'' Snape told our Headmaster. 

''He insisted on summoning a Dementor to accompany him into the castle. He brought it up to your office where Barty Crouch,'' Snape was interrupted by McGonigal. 

''I told him you would not agree Dumbledore! I told him that you would never allow a Dementor into this castle, but,'' McGonigal was interrupted by Fudge himself. 

''Dear woman, it is my decision as Minister of Magic whether I want protection with interviewing a possibly dangerous,'' McGonigal's voice drowns out his own. 

''The moment that thing entered the room it swooped down on Crouch and, and,'' I didn't need McGonigal to finish her sentence to know what the Dementor had done. 

By the look on Harry's face, he understood what happened to. ''By all accounts, he was not a loss,'' Fudge tells our head of house. ''It seems he's the one responsible for many deaths!'' Fudge finishes. 

''But he can't give testimony now Cornelius, he can not give evidence as to why he killed those people!'' Dumbledore tells the Minister starting at him intently. 

''Why, he killed them. It's no mystery as to why he killed them. The guy was raving lunatic. From what Minerva and Severus have told me, he seems to have thought he was doing it all under You Know Who's orders!'' Fudge tells Dumbledore. 

''Lord Voldemort was giving him instructions Cornelius. Those peoples deaths were apart of a bigger plan to restore Voldemort back to his former strength. A plan which has succeeded. Voldemort's body has been restored!'' Dumbledore tells Fudge. 

Fudge just stared at Dumbledore dazed and widened eyes. ''You know Who returned. That is preposterous! Come now Dumbledore,'' Dumbledore interrupts Fudge. Harry and I share a look before looking back at the two wizards. 

Mum, Bill, Ron and Hermione had kept quiet all throughout the confrontation between Dumbledore and the Minister. 

''As Minerva and Severus would have told you we heard Barty Crouch confess under the likes of a truth spell,'' Dumbledore then goes on to tell Fudge all about what Crouch had told us. ''See here Dumbledore, you can't seriously believe that. You Know Who, back? Come now!''

Crouch shakes his head with a condescending smile on his face. ''Surely Crouch may have believed he was acting on You Know Who's orders but to take the word from a lunatic,'' Crouch was saying before Dumbledore spoke up.