Chapter Fifty-Three

Allison's Point of View.

We were all sitting in the Great Hall having some food. I was reading my book but Harry staring at Cho had once again caught my attention. I roll my eyes and scoff when Harry tried to smile at her but only succeeded in spilling juice.

''I can't believe it she's done it again,'' Hermione says slamming the Prophet onto the table. I ignore her reading the Daily Prophet having read it myself. Instead, I was watching as a kid named Nigel walked down towards us holding a package.

''Parcel for you Mr Weasley,'' Nigel smiles at him. ''Thank you, Nigel,'' Ron thanks him taking the package from him. When Nigel didn't leave and was just staring at Harry before looking at me every now and then Hermione and I looked at Ron and gestured toward Nigel. 

Ron looks at Nigel and mutters under his breath. ''Not now Nigel!'' Nigel looks down sheepishly and turns around and walks away.

Hermione and I give Ron a look and Ron looks up from his package and sees the looks the three of us were giving him. ''I promised him I would get him Harry's autograph,'' Ron tells us sheepishly. 

''Why did he keep glancing at Allison?'' Harry asks him with an edge to his voice. ''If you guys hadn't noticed tons of guys stare at Allison, even the girls. The only difference is that the girls are staring at her with envy,'' Ron grins before turning back to opening his package.

I look around in curiosity and sure enough, there were guys staring at me. I turn back to the others and look back down at my book. ''Mum's sent me a dress,'' Ron says disgusted as he lefts the article of clothing out of the box. 

''Well, it does match your eyes, is there a bonnet?'' Harry asks looking through the box. Ron just gets up and walks over to Ginny.

''Ginny, these must be for you,'' Ron tells our little sister. Ginny gives the robes a disgusted look, ''I'm not wearing those, it's ghastly,'' she tells him. ''Well then who are they for?'' Ron asks causing Hermione and me to laugh. 

Ron turns to us and gives us a look. ''What are you laughing at?'' he asks us. ''They're not for Ginny, they're for you,'' I tell him. ''There dress robes,'' Hermione tells him. ''For what?'' he asks as everyone around us laughs.

Time Skip.

''The Yule Ball has been a tradition in the Tri-Wizard Tournament since its inception. On the night of Christmas, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for well-behaved frivolity,'' McGonigal says looking around at all of us. 

''As representatives of this school, I expect you all to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance!'' McGonigal tells all us Gryffindors as we sat in a room. Girls on one side and the guys on the other.

When McGonigal told us it was a dance the girls all turned to each other a whispered excitedly where is Hermione and I shared a look. 

If this was a dance that means that Alice and Rose would be all over us and getting us prepared. Where is on the boys' side or the boys shared a tired look and passive look not all that excited.

''Silence!'' McGonigal orders looking around at each of us. ''The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizarding World for ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of evening disrespecting that name by behaving like a bumbling, babbling, band of baboons,'' McGonigal tells us. 

From where I sat I could hear Fred and George try to say the phrase ten times fast which causes me to smirk in amusement.

''Now to dance is to let the body breath. Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers,'' McGonigal tells is girls. I roll my eyes when I hear Ron make fun of the girl sitting not that far away from Hermione and I.