a new player joined the game

𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝚓𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎
•••

put your hands up radio studio

„attention attention! dear listeners! I am sorry to interrupt this program, but I have an important message for all of you!

you all know about my new sidekick, Siren! she has been a rising star on the pro hero constellation, since she appeared at her first school festival at UA high. she is a very talented young woman and I know you all waited for her to make an even better appearance as a pro hero!

however...

she disappeared two days ago and although all pro heroes are already alarmed, I wanted to ask you for help, all of my lovely listeners! if you have any information about Siren, I'd like you to call this number... please... I can't... let something happen to her..."

the sign above the cabin said ON AIR.

no one had ever seen PresentMic, radio host, teacher and appearently a pro hero, this way. shaking, not really finding the right words to say. his cheerful behaviour had completely vanished.

it was a rare ocassion. ones sidekick just disappeared out of the blue. she didn't say a word to Hizashi...

while PresentMic was repeating the message once more in the recording room, the people watching him through a big window pane slowly started shifting and talking to each other again.

„do you see that? he's holding onto the microphone as if his life depends on it!", Shota Aizawa, also known as Ereaserhead stated. no emotion heard in his voice. the woman standing next to him eyed him quietly.

„he liked his sidekick after all.. I met Ava when she was still at UA high. no wonder everyone anticipated her to become a great hero... she really was an amazing stundent! ..just.."

„just what? spit it out, Midnight..", Aizawa shot her a glare.

„she is too empathetic.. wherever she is now, I hope she doesn't just.. let people put ideas in her head that aren't true.." a sigh escaped the woman's lips before she brushed her worries off again. „the sooner we find her, the better!"

the dark haired man nodded, before turning his attention back to the radio show host. „that's right.. also I can't stand seeing him all... whiny like that."

some rooftop, somewhere in Japan

a portal opened. black and purple smoke descended from the strange body. it grew larger before a human suddenly dropped from its middle.

it was a girl.

she was lying there, unconscious, bruises on her face and arms.

„she clearly put up a fight", the purple mass suddenly mumbled, growing smaller until it had the appearance of a man. a second guy was on the rooftop as well. he was wearing a hat and mask, making it unable to see who hid behind it. the man kneeled down next to the unconscious woman before checking her heartbeat.

„wouldn't you do as well, if you got brainwashed by some crazy doctor, Kurogiri?", he chuckled before looking up at the purple man. with a quick swipe of his hand, the girl suddenly had disappeared, instead he was holding a greenish marble in his hands.

„I had no choice, Compress! she was the perfect candidate for this mission", Kurogiri tried to explain, while Mr. Compress was eyeing the pearl in silence. he was turning it between his thumb and index finger, watching the city lights reflect on its surface.

„I know.. but do you really think she can help us? she's a hero and.. well still a child", Compress shot at Kurogiri, making the purple guy think for a moment.

„she is an anticipated personality, but technically no one knows her yet.. it will be difficult for the heroes to find her, especially now after we got her brainwashed.. this pro hero won't be called a hero for any longer. she'll be a great help for us actually!"

the two stared at each other for a moment, before the masked man sighed and slightly dropped his shoulders.

it was a sign that he gave in to the other's words.

„Alright then... I just hope the Boss doesn't rip our head off for going rogue.."

and with those words the two of them left the rooftop again, as if they've never been there before.