like me better

𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛

hotel room

Ava POV

I was fucking freezing. Shigaraki was sitting on the blanket the whole time, so obviously I slept in my villain costume, with nothing more than my coat resting on top of me.

I wasn't even aware of the fact I was freezing to death when I slept in. it only dawned on me when I woke up. I started shifting, feeling something firm right in front of me. I wasn't fully awake yet, so I moved closer and cuddled against the source of warmth, only to realize it was Shigaraki's back, once he started waking up as well.

I wouldn't have bothered warming myself up some more, but the blue haired's loud ringtone woke us both from our half sleep half awake state.

"what do you want?", Shigaraki cursed into the speaker, once he had sat up. the space next to me felt empty and cold now.

I slept in before him, so I didn't know how long he'd been resting or if he just lied down. by the looks of it, he didn't seem as if he slept at all.

a big yawn escaped my mouth, as I sat up. "what's going on?", I quietly asked the blue haired. his expression gave away that something was wrong. once I had questioned him, he pulled his phone down and put it on speaker. Spinner's voice rang in my ears.

"we got the call this morning. an insider of the comission was sure it was Kurogiri who the heroes had caught."

suddenly I was wide awake. Kurogiri... got caught? what does that mean?

"how long will it take you to get a car?", Shigaraki raised his phone to his mouth, so Spinner could hear him correctly.

"with the money we have left?... a day at least. I'd pack up and start walking home if I was you."

the blue haired sitting next to me let out a loud groan.

"we are too far away. it would take us days, while Muscular's arm should be at Ujiko as soon as possible." Shigaraki was more than annoyed. I still didn't get half of the things going on, but silently listened to the two men bickering over the phone. in the end, Spinner told us to get at least to Musutafu. he'd get us as soon as possible.

"what was this all about?", I asked Shigaraki once he ended the call.

he groaned, standing up from the edge of the bed, before he started to run around in circles. "Kurogiri should have been on a mission, finding a guy called Gigantomachia for me. appearently, the heroes caught him and locked him up in tartarus."

the high security prison, of course.

"aren't we going to rescue him?", i asked.

"tartarus is like death. once you go there, there is no coming back. at least until now we don't have the strength to raid it. for the time being Kurogiri is unable to reach us."

I sighed. although I had been afraid of the purple cloud at first, I realized he is the nicest out of the bunch.

I mean, at least he tries to keep them all together.

"why did we get the arm? I still don't get it." Shigaraki was still walking in circles, thinking about how to solve this whole situation. Kurogiri was an important addition to the group. without his warp gates, we won't be able to travel great distances in a matter of time.

also, fuel was expensive and we had just lost all our money.

if I just had attracted a sponsor with my attack on ua.