enemy approaching

𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

sir park's mansion, rooftop

Ava POV

shit.

I was dodging one of Snipe's bullets after the other. although my mom's bass quirk was perfect use against any objects or substance thrown at me, it was still exhausting to dodge a seemingly endless supply of bullets.

everytime I would be lined up in his sight, I used bass to push the bullet back to Snipe. the problem was just that Snipe's quirk was basically that he could controll every munition he used.

in the end, there were just bullets flying all over the rooftop, but none of them ever hit their target.

I didn't want to hurt them anyways.

I respected both Midnight and Snipe as my seniors. it felt strange fighting them under those kind of circumstances. I thought maybe I could use the moment alone with them to explain myself, but the dark haired woman was really not in the mood for talking.

"you know it's way too windy for your quirk to be effective, right?"

I was standing at the edge of the other end of the building. Midnight had chased me over the entire complex two times already, while Snipe was just standing somewhere further away, waiting for a moment I wouldn't see his bullets coming.

my bare soles were literally killing me by now, but the adrenaline rushing in my veins kept me on my feet.

the woman made her whip bang once more in her hands. "I am well aware of that, sweetheart. also your young spirit is still familiar to me from when I was still teaching you. I kinda regret making such a good hero out of you."

my heart sank for a moment.

those people used to be family.

they still were somehow.

but I couldn't back down now. if I reveal I'm still the exact same Ava I won't be able to stay with the league.

"to be fair, I didn't think we would end up like this. I am sorry for disappointing you, Nemuri" I let myself at least apologize to her. she watched me for a moment, a slight gush of empathy washing over her expression.

"I don't want to fight you, Ava", she sighed. I know she was just trying to reach the old Ava, the heroic Ava. they still thought I was brainwashed after all!

"me neither, but I also won't just go with you guys"

I can't go with you guys. not yet.

we were just both talking against a wall. none of us would back down from their position.

"you know how Hizashi felt when he heard you were working with the villain Dabi... now we spot you together with the league of villains' boss... Ava if you are still somewhere in there, just come with us! we can still explain why you were doing this! you can still return to your life as it has been before!"

her voice was pleading.

oh Nemuri how I remember you helping me out in modern hero art history, when I just didn't get the subject at all. I felt so sorry.

even if she was playing the dirtiest of all jokers, bad conscience, she made me bite the bait.

PresentMic.. I thought a lot of times about how he was feeling right now. we worked together all day. I had told him about my dream of becoming a hero who saves others and he promised me he would support me in every way until I reached my goal.