mission completed

𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍

ua high school, heights alliance dorm

Ava POV

long story short.

the two top students of the class, Momo Yaoyorozu and Shoto Todoroki, weren't at their dorm when we arrived here. the two had been god knows where and only now came back to find all their classmates captured in a bag of marbles, which Atsuhiro was wearing on his belt.

meeting Shoto again had a similar effect than Tensei's little brother.

the last time I saw the red and white haired boy, his eyes were widened in shock as he watched me getting abducted.

now we meet again, but I am actually working together with the guy who caught me.

"don't fight them!", Shoto had shouted once he realized what was going on. Yaoyorozu gave him a strange look, but respected his order. they were both powerful and I already looked like a wreck, with bruises all over me.

Shoto told the tall girl to shield the entire house and us, so the reporters couldn't see us anymore. I watched them in confusion, as the girl suddenly opened her blouse and started to pull a gigantic cloth from her skin.

what the fuck was this ability?

the strange cloth went into the air, shielding us from the curious lenses of the reporters. I watched silently, as they locked us underneath with them.

once we were hidden, Shoto started heading towards Atsuhiro and me.

"why would you do that?", I coughed as he came to a halt a few meters in front of us. Yaoyoruzu followed his every step, but was only a spectator of the whole scene.

he was a smart guy and just as strong as his father.. why is he not attacking me?

his gaze met mine again and I noticed the strange sparkle they held. his eyes were still widened in surprise to meet me here, but there was something else.

"it is also my fault you got caught and brainwashed by the league" the young boy explained, nodding to Atsuhiro, who was still standing next to me. "I won't fight you, but I want to talk to you."

I heard the tall man next to me scoff, already aiming to capture both students, but I raised my arm to stop.

"speak, Todoroki"

yeah I went soft. I know it's not professional, but we spent a whole day walking around at the beach, so I considered him a friend. the fact he beat himself up for losing me that day made me feel incredibly bad, so I decided to let him tell me what was on his mind.

"I am sorry" he bowed his head while talking to support the meaning of his words. I was taken aback for a moment.

that was what he wanted to tell me?

apologize?

he thought it was his fault?

"if we just had found you sooner... we saw the fire and started rushing there almost immediately, but Present Mic and I were still not fast enough.. now you have already become a villain."

his blue and brown eyes met my green ones again.

I wanted to tell him I am not a villain. I am still a hero at heart, but I couldn't blow my cover next to Atsuhiro!

"you are the last one at fault", I replied after a while. "Mr. Compress here was just faster than I am." I chuckled a bit, brushing Atsuhiro's elbow with mine, before looking back at Shoto. my intention was to sound like I was making a joke for Atsuhiro, but Shoto would understand the true meaning behind my words.