downfall

𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕

mountains

Ava POV

"𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏...
𝙸'𝚖 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚕...

𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛~
𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛~

𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏!
𝚒'𝚖 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛~"

my fingertips brushed along Shigaraki's firm jaw but a few fresh cuts made it feel rougher than I assumed it to be. I was surprised red shoes didn't complain about me trying to treat his wounds. instead he sat down in the car seat as I told him, holding his tousled blue hair back so I had a better view of his tainted face.

after another week his allergy was close to gone but the cuts and bruises Gigantomachia kept adding to his complexion really didn't do him any good.

"what a strange song", Shigaraki suddenly spoke up. my gaze trailed back to meet his eyes and an amused grin grew on my lips.

"you were listening? I was just making up lyrics... I thought you were trying to sleep?" I watched him surprised but not annoyed, getting some more desinfectant on a tissue so I could clean the wounds on his face. he hissed a little when the freshly drenched cloth made contact with his damaged skin.

"you think I could sleep when you keep torturing me like that?"

I got hit by his some glares, before red shoes mouth turned into an amused smile once he spotted my apologetic expression. deep down I was actually wondering why the desinfectant would be such a problem to him when he is getting beaten up by a giant rock man for almost a month already. however, I realized that Shigaraki had swallowed down the burning pain until now instead of complaining, so I decided to not bug him about it anymore. actually I could have tried to replace his exhaustion and pain with other emotions via my brother's quirk but as long as red shoes denies heartbeat, I won't use it on him...

things have been going well for once.

Shigaraki is getting closer to winning against Machia with every passing day. their battles are still inhumanly long and draining but now it's not just him but also the giant that is taking damage from the brawling.

additionally to that I finally got hold of my new job at the league. when Shigaraki had told me he believes I am most capable of doing his work, it raised my confidence to cosmic levels. it was a lot of work and definitely confusing for more than a few days after our talk, but now I finally memorized all the files and contacts he was conversing with. I'm trying to imitate Shigaraki's way of writing so no one notices he is actually not at the league right now. up until now I feel like I've done a pretty decent job.

the only issue that's still putting a damper on me was that Dabi had disappeared completely. at first I thought the black haired was just on a longer mission, but he didn't return in almost a month... I asked Spinner about it and he explained to me that that's not unusual for our human lighter, but still... Dabi always told me where he was in case he suddenly needed back up.