connection:lost

𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗:𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝

league of villains hq

Shigaraki POV

"come on, you have to see this! Ava and Mr. Compress are on TV!" Twice's annoying voice was giving me headaches.

since Ava proposed the idea of this mission, I successfully drowned myself in even more work and avoided her best I could. she still seemed angry at me not accepting her care, so the blonde also didn't try to talk to me those past two weeks.

tonight, I've met up with the yakuza again. I was already dead tired when I got to the meeting spot. it was so fucking boring there. they just wanted to talk to me about Chisaki Kai and why we would strip him from his quirk. they were up for another brawl, but I wasn't in the mood for fighting.

my body felt so heavy all the time.

Chisaki had killed Mange, who used to live in the room that is now Ava's, and destroyed Compress' left arm months ago already.

why did the yakuza only realize now that we took revenge on him?

nevertheless, they really wanted to take their irrational anger out on me and attacked. I used decay to stop most of their attacks, but because I was so exhausted the last one hit me badly in the guts. I couldn't breathe for seconds. the punch probably broke a rib or two.

I had trouble walking. once I made it back to the headquaters, I supported myself on the wall, taking one slow step after the other.

if I make it to my office, I could lie down on the couch and rest a bit. the last time I sat on that piece of funiture was weeks ago already, so I was really looking forward to the soft cushions.

I was halfway through the corridor, when Twice waved me to the kitchen.

"we took Dabi's laptop to watch the news. can you believe it! their stupid plan worked!"

he was too hyped to notice my limping.

I rolled my eyes, stepping into the doorframe, before leaning against the hard wood. All of them were sitting or standing at one side of the table, staring at the small screen as if a spell was casted on them.

Dabi's cold eyes shot up once he saw me leaning in the doorframe.

"it isn't porn so you can come over and watch it with us, asshole."

I scoffed, before removing Father from my face.

"I really don't want to watch porn with you anyways." I walked over to them, trying hard not to limp. Toga and Kurogiri made space between them, so I could watch the screen as well. from were I was standing, I could rest against Spinner's chair in front of me, so none of them would notice I'm injured.

"attention! there has been an attack on UA high school grounds! the suspects are both associated to the league of villains, but their identity isn't fully revealed yet!"

I sighed as they showed for the third time, how Ava jumped at Bakugo Katsuki. they caught it even in slow motion. the blonde had a bright smile on her lips, beaming at the shocked Bakugo, before she cupped his cheeks and he suddenly dropped unconsciously.

"man, I wished I was really there", Compress groaned, crossing his arms in front of his chest. he had the number one seat right in front of the little laptop.

„man, I wished she didn't steal my coat" Dabi mimicked Compress' way of talking, annoying the latter by doing so.

"you are just jealous your clone is spending alone time with Ava", Spinner teased him as well. they both shot each other an annoyed glare, as I turned my attention back to the screen.