single player

𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛

league of villains hq

Shigaraki POV

I rubbed my tired eyes before lifting my head off the wooden table. a quick look around the room and I remembered I was in my office. my shoulders sunk a bit. I slept in again. just when I couldn't be wasting another second.

there has been reports of something unknown in the ocean. I can't contact All for One right now and he also never told me of some dark energy ascending from the depths of the sea. Dr Ujiko also had no clue about it.

it was up to me to use that unknown force, whether it was a friend or enemy.

up until now the hero comission didn't noticed it so it's my duty to check on its activities. finding out how to use such a great resource of power for our very own goals would be a great step forwards for the league, but things weren't working out as planned.

it's been months and nothing had changed. it's like we were still a few levels before meeting the endboss at the bottom of the ocean. I was still missing some pieces to the puzzle and for god's sake was I annoyed by only running in circles for weeks.

additionally to that, someone had to have an eye out on the force in order to protect it but also to know when it would start to spread more and more. I've been up for days if not weeks and I was slowly reaching my limits.

Kurogiri was right, I wasn't all to eager to work on some random missions for the league when there was a monster hiding in the ocean, probably stronger than any of the nomus together.

I let most things be handled by Dabi and him, but now there was this girl. I don't like meeting new people, but I never shyed away from recruiting new members.

the only problem is that she is a brainwashed hero!

everyone's attention will be back on us. yes, I wanted that. but right now I'm working on something secretive and having all eyes on you while doing so kinda destroys the meaning behind the word secret.

not even the others know about my plans.

I slided back into my chair, leaning my head against the back rest, looking up at the ceiling. things seemed quite rough right now. I just needed some more time and support - not playing babysitter for an up and coming hero.

I reached up to the hand resting on my face, removing it so I could watch the ceiling directly.

the day will come. one step at a time we are getting closer to a world, where heroes are no more. a society without black and white. no one will be acussed of actions there were forced to do out of emergencies.

everyone will get what they deserve - I will decide if it's life or death.

no one should feel pain unjustified or because of another's pleasure.

that's the world I'm dreaming of. a fair world with fair principle.

I placed Father back on my face again, before I almost slipped out of my chair. maybe standing up for a bit wasn't a bad decision. I needed to drink some water anyways. standing at the door I looked both ways for a second.

bathroom or kitchen? what is closer? ah fuck it, I need to use the bathroom anyways.

sticking my hands into my pocket, I walked through the empty corridor. the others should be all out by now, working on their own assigned tasks. Dabi was probably still lurking around somewhere. he had been out all night so he usually rested at the headquaters at day time. every corner I turned, I just subconsciously checked if there was someone walking around.

I really don't want to be social right now.

with quick steps, I had almost reached the bathroom, when I crossed the door of the new girl.

although it was locked I could clearly hear her voice from inside.

honestly, I was just curious what was going on because she would be part of the group soon and I didn't want her to mess everything up for us. I needed to know a bit about her except that her ancestors were enemies of All for One.

I checked my surroundings for a second. when I was sure no one was around, I leaned closer to the door, so I could understand her better. i listened for a few seconds before I realized what was going on.

she is singing? seriously?

I rubbed my shoulder, scratching my itching skin for a second. I remembered her quirk had something to do with her voice, but this whole situation was contradicting. a sweet voice echoing through the halls of the league of villains?

I couldn't help but flash a small grin, luckily my face was hidden behind Father.

she's a lunatic. Ujiko really brainwashed her, otherwise she wouldn't be so relaxed right now.

I stayed at her door for a bit longer to listen to her singing.

"𝙸 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗
𝙸 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎

𝙸 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗
𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚎"

I may have been standing at the closed door longer than I intended to, but somehow I liked the song. it was sad and about bad influence. somehow it crept on me that that's what her situation right now was about, but I shook it off.

she is brainwashed - it's just a coincidence!