homefront

𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝

nagoya

Shigaraki POV

I was floating. there was no gravity. just warmth and Ava's sweet apple scent mixed with the chocolaty smell of the cake.

for a while I felt as if someone had wrapped their arms around me, but that changed when the place I found myself in suddenly grew colder and darker. something was tugging on my soul, trying to pull me in deep. the surface I've been floating on was far out of reach, yet I was still fighting to get back up. however, before I got close to whatever was hiding on the ground, my real body was slammed forwards as Ava hit the breaks.

I hit my head on the airbag, crying out from the pain of the impact in an instant. I wanted to ask Ava what the fuck she was aiming with all out breaking on an empty street, but I spotted the answer myself as the ten meter tall tentacles that reached out of the water right at the coast. so many people were stumbling next to the car. it was like an ocean of humans and we were the bastion of calm right in the middle of the crowd.

meanwhile, this monster I was trying to tame... it never reacted to me the way it did with Ava.

I couldn't wake it up.

then why is it picking up strangers and swallowing it with it's gel-like body right now? how did it suddenly turn alive and more importantly - why now?

out of all the hours, minutes and seconds it could have showed up again, it decided that  right now when I wanted to cheer Ava up by coming to the nagoya. I wasn't just devastated, it felt like I've been hitting a wall ever since I admitted to myself that the blondie was special to me.

therefore I felt like a total idiot.

but it wasn't just that.

the dark energy... whatever that being was... wherever it may come from... that thing was a valuable part of my plan to take over the country. even if I was losing against Gigantomachia and wasn't able to rely on his strength, at least I would be able to use the inhumanly powers of this creature hiding in the depths of the ocean.

I didn't make any progress because I've been busy with... well... getting beaten up I assume...

fact is I was too late to make the ruthless strength of this demonic being mine. now that the heroes realized such a horrific monster was hiding right to their feet, there was no chance for me to turn the beast into a loyal assistant of the league of villains.

it bugged me.. a lot.

taking all those things in account there was only one solution left for me...

"turn the car! we are leaving", I demanded, watching as the tentacle pulled a rock out of the ocean and threw it into a group of heroes, who were trying to fight it at the beach. when Ava didn't react for a few seconds, I turned to face the blonde only to spot her staring at the monster as if she was entranced by it.

and I really mean entranced.

her eyes were having a purple hue. they weren't glowing like the first time she had awoken the dark energy or when she first felt Machia's soul hiding in the snow behind her. I figured once her quirk starts working on levels a human brain can't comprehend, it's visible through her eyes.

the slight change of color vanished the second I noticed it and Ava came back to her old self. however, instead of turning the car and escaping with me, she turned off the engine and pushed her door open. out of reflex, I reached for her wrist, catching her before she could jump out of the van.