run or fight

𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚘𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

somewhere at the coast

Ava POV

I couldn't believe Shigaraki really let me join him. he even told me this was a special mission and that the others shouldn't know about where we are heading. I didn't tell anyone. not even Twice when he asked me where I was going so early in the morning.

red shoes explained me where to meet at the coast. he was already there, when I arrived. not wasting any time, he started asking me different questions.

"so what exactly are you capable of doing with your quirk?"

I glared at him, confused by his sudden interest. I could swear the man I fought just a day ago was completely different to this version of Shigaraki. I had never seen him so on edge, almost nervous. it didn't fit his usual careless attitude at all.

"well..", I mumbled, not sure what to say at first. "I can summon the souls of my dead relatives... up to two at a time. I can also use their quirks.. it also comes with a bunch of different effects on other souls..."

Shigaraki suddenly stepped closer at that. I must have caught his interest. "for example?"

"na-ah. first you tell me why we are here!"

altough I couldn't see his eyes because he was wearing that hand again, I knew he was staring right back at me. if he wanted to use my powers then at least I wanted to know why! I won't just do as he pleases without having any idea of what's going on!

after a long staredown, Shigaraki gave in.

"alright.. princess", he groaned, turning to the ocean. "tell me if you can feel something inside the water. an unfamiliar energy or something similar."

I stared at him for a moment. is he for real?

"I am not joking. come on. try it", he pushed me again. still hesitating, I stepped next to him. closing my eyes I tried to concentrate on anything that would fit his description and indeed I could feel something deep down in the ocean.

I easily found it, it was fucking huge and the dark energy that resonated from this soul was nothing that I've ever felt before. the evil power made my skin crawl. Shigaraki noticed my goosebumps, a low chuckle escaping his lips. "so now that you know what I know", red shoes began to explain," I want to use this dark energy to attack UA high. we would strike enough pro heroes and up and coming students, it would change the way society looks at us right now."

"well how do they see us now?", I asked, rubbing my temples. they hurt from concentrating so much.

Shigaraki remained silent for a while, before he removed the hand from his face. he glanced at me from the side. "shouldn't you know how they think of us?"

I stuttered, not really getting a word out at that accusation. I wanted to say no. something inside of me told me to tell him I am a villain through and through, but I wasn't so sure about that myself right now.

for some odd reason, I felt torn.

"who decides what is good and what is bad?", Shigaraki's red eyes glowed at me through his blue bangs. "everyday some new villains step out of the shadows, but not because of a simple feeling. it's pain or remorse. it's because they got hurt when they were younger or someone used them for their selfish acts. whatever. everyone of us has their reasons and they are very valid. heroes paint us as the guys acting carelessly. we hurt and destroy, that's all they say about us. I tell you not a day had passed without any aquaintance or comrade of mine going missing because of a hero. we fight for our beliefs and are called villains but if a hero kills one of our kind he is the number one out of them all?"