revolution

𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

fukuoka

Ava POV

„what took you so long, baby?" Dabi's gummy smile flashed at me, once I pulled myself over the edge of the rooftop. the black haired with the scarred skin lent me a hand and helped me sit down on the cold ground.

„I was caught up in some debris", I roughly explained, still catching my breath from climbing up yet another fire exit staircase. „...also, don't call me baby like...  ever again."

Dabi laughed at me, sitting on the ground next to him. I must have looked all roughened up and dusty from climbing through the rubble to find Endeavor. my companion didn't seem like he saw me sneaking around that area - Dabi was on the opposite side of the skyscraper at that time - so my betrayal was yet again unknown to the members of the league.

I felt so shitty again. backstabbing the league was really one of the last things I ought to do, but some situations simply made it difficult for me. I had to find a solution for this. if I keep getting missions that endanger civilians, I'll have to blow my covers sooner or later.

once I'm back at the hq I seriously have to think about this and maybe talk to Shigaraki to give me another type of mission for the time being.

„man I really thought Hood would break the old man. at least we know now how strong those nomus can get." my glance shot up at the black haired. both Hawks and Endeavor were in one of the main streets, we could easily overview from our spot on this building. Endeavor was sitting on the ground, his face still bleeding from the injury, while the other hero, young, blonde and with a few red feathers left, helped him stay seated up. deep down, I wanted to go there and help them, but I can't and it sucks.

these two saved millions of lives.

it took a lot of strength from both of them to beat Hood, but it gave me hope that not all heroes were as hypocritical as Shigaraki painted them all the time.

in my opinion, they are real heroes.

„he was stronger than we expected... the symbol of hope." the words slipped out of my mouth, while standing up again. when Dabi's eyes flickered over to me, I wasn't sure if he heard me or not.

„what did you just say?"

trying to act busy, I was cleaning the dust my coat. why would I say this out loud? years of training and I throw myself into the arms of a butcher just like that! I know Dabi's way of controlling people with fear as his main tool. I've seen it more than enough times when he showed me the ropes at my first missions. Dabi may be playful at times, but he could switch his behaviour from nice to cruel in just a second.

obviously, he was one of the most dangerous villains of the league.

I should be careful around him, but he also grew close to me. I knew some of his weaknesses, maybe that's why he accepted me at some point. I knew how bad he could be, but he was also aware of how powerful I was.

the others said, it's impossible a loner like Dabi would ever get used to a partner, but he asked me to join him on this mission. I must have done something right, if the bad guy of the bad guys wanted my presence on a job as important as this one.

he wouldn't hurt me, would he?

nothing.. what's the next step of the plan?", I finally answered him. I was still not entirely sure if he had heard me call Endeavor the symbol of hope or not.