alter

𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚎𝚛

league of villains hq

Shigaraki POV

something was calling out to me.

I didn't know what exactly was going on, but I woke up feeling like I had to go somewhere. I tried to shake off the feeling but it wouldn't leave me, so I took a stroll through the hq, only to hear Ava's muffled sobs from behind the bathroom door.

it was bound to happen, right?

all of us had to break at some point. some earlier some later. it's the same with muscles. you have to tear them apart before they can regrow stronger. Dabi had mentioned it once before he never saw Ava really sad. she was putting on a strong face for whatever reason. no one can take all of this madness, especially not her who joined the league of villains only a few months ago. Ava showed me her weak side when we collected Muscular's arm together, but she didn't break down back then.

it was bound to happen.

shit. I wanted it to stop.

she gave me a comic to cheer me up.

Ava thought of me, while being on a mission and brought me a gift.

can you believe that?

now she was sad and I honestly felt like it's my turn to cheer her up, but just like when she was playing the piano in her flat, I had no clue of what to do. I was still deliberating, as Twice and Toga walked into the corridor. I didn't want them to see me standing in front of the bathroom door, so I acted as if I was just passing by.

Toga heard Ava's cries and headed straight into the bathroom.

I quickly left, acting as if I didn't hear all of this.

my reputation isn't the one of a nice guy for a reason. I can't just throw it all to waste, even if it means Ava has to endure her panic attack on her own.

well, Twice and Toga were there to cheer her up now anyways, so it's fine now.

I wouldn't even know what to do if I faced her.

it was better that way.

Ava probably feels better about having the others around than me when she is sad.

now that this strange feeling calling me somewhere was gone, I headed back to my office and tried to get order in all the paperwork there. I had been switching between nagoya and the mountains since we came back from our Rust mission, so there were enough mails and other nasty stuff waiting there for me at the office.

most were bills or newsletters about some blackmarket goods.

none were really interesting to me.

at least that's what I thought.

Dr. Ujiko sent me an encripted message. it was about the treatment he had mentioned to me when I called him last time.

"quirk singularity... a way to enhance my power to the maximum... if my body can take the pain of the procedure..."

after I went through the mail a third time, I leaned back into the chair, my hand naturally reaching to my neck to scratch the already irritated skin. if I keep picking it it will start bleeding. doesn't matter, my face is still displaying all different shades of blue from Compress and my fight.

quirk singularity.

becoming stronger is my first priority.

once I am powerful enough to beat the heroes, to beat All Might, nothing can stop me. I'll overhaul the current society, changing it to the better.