challenge accepted

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍

ua high school, heights alliance dorms

Ava POV

„Ava, wait a moment before you leave", Hizashi called out to me, when I was just about to jump out of the window.

once Aizawa had left to free his students from Atsuhiro's pearls, Hizashi asked me how living with the villains was. he was a nosy personality but I could also hear the concern in his voice.

Aizawa and Hizashi trusted me, so I decided to trust them as well. for now we all agreed on keeping the fact that I was aware about me being a hero a secret. it would be too dangerous if any villains found out about it.

Present Mic and Eraserhead would eventually send a few students to the coast near Nagoya and they'd randomly find the dark source. tomorrow Aizawa would tell the press that although Shoto Todoroki fought bravely, I managed to escape, but he could snatch the marbles from me.

Shoto probably won't agree to it, but I suggested this story because I heard that he failed his provisional license exam and needed some positive publicity anyways.

once Hizashi and I were alone, I told the bearded man about my experiences. how Dabi thought I wasn't worth accompanying him to missions at first, but now respected me. I told him about fighting the yakuza and the first time I saw the tentacle. the party and meeting Midnight was a big issue as well, I explained it to him with every detail.

the baggage I've been carrying for two months finally got eased off my shoulders.

„Nemuri was so determined she could catch you, little listener!", the blonde laughed with his raspy voice. „although she was a bit butthurt, I believe she was happy to see you were well."

I agreed to that, telling him I also enjoyed seeing them safe and sound.

I tried to make my stories about my very own experience and feelings, so I wouldn't spill any crucial information about the others.

I still felt incredibly bad for backstabbing them like this, but it was for their own good in some way. the tentacle could kill all of us with just a snap. when it attacked us on the beach it used only a little part of its power.

„honestly, I am really proud of you", Hizashi's words suddenly went through my head. I focused my gaze on him again, only to meet the bright smile on his face.

„I think you are one of the first heroes caring about villains and it's truly remarkable... to be honest, it's as expected from an Altair. your parents would have been proud for you, I am sure of that!"

his words sounded genuine, not like he just said them to praise me but as if he really reflected on my words and decided himself that they were true.

„thanks for saying that" I replied his smile, but tears dared to fall from the corners of my eyes again. Hizashi noticed and quickly pulled me into another hug again.

„I don't want you to leave..."

he was just mumbling quietly into my blonde hair. my grip automatically tightened on his back when I heard him talk.

„me neither... I don't know when I'll see you again."

„it's probably the best if we don't see each other so no one catches any suspicions." Hizashi sighed, as his hand found its way on top of my head, gently brushing through my hair. this position was probably as therapeutic for him as it was for me.