call of duty

𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚞𝚝𝚢

a club in fukuoka

Dabi POV (oh new pov)

I was striding along the bar of a small club. the loud music was numbing most of my senses almost instantly as I stepped inside the tall room. red curtains painted the atmosphere more elegant than it actually was. there was a dance floor in the middle of the room surrounded by a bar. a few people were staring at me from the gallery on the first floor, before their attention was back on all the drunk men and women rub their bodies against each other, trying to seduce one another.

it was disgusting, but I probably would chime into their drunk dancing after I had a few drinks myself...

my slow steps carried me across the smooth wooden floor until I spotted an empty barstool. it was quite crowded inside the small building, every spot was taken along the bar, except for this specific one.

I needed to get this winged fucker out of my system. for weeks I've been playing cat and mouse with the number two hero without any success. I know he's only playing. why would the number two fucking pro hero want to become a villain? even if Hawks says he feels used by the commission for their selfish interests, locked in their games like a bird in a cage, I doubt that such a prestigious hero could ever become a real villain.

even if I can relate to his words way too much..

not even Ava manages to do be a real villain.

Shigaraki is all heart eyes and doesn't see her lacking lately. I am not saying that the girl is bad at what she's doing. Ava has a surprisingly great sense for battles, she's a tactician and way more trained in combat than most of us.

no... Ava is only lacking in ruthlessness.

it's a crucial part for the job.

our favorite ballerina is missing a true motivation, a reason why she turned her back on the hero society, a traumatic event or a personal vendetta. in the end Ava is just brainwashed. there is no real reason for Ava to be evil, so why should she be able to perfectly ace all her tasks?

however, the same way Ava grew on our heartless leader, she grew on all of us. it doesn't make a difference anymore. she's part of the league whether she knows the ropes or not.

I really doubt that Hawks could ever manage to make me trust him like I trust Ava. he acts laid back, as if all of this isn't a big deal when he is actually rioting against everything a hero should.. well... be.

everytime I talk to Hawks, he tries to convince me that he is an open book, but he never actually revealed a single one of his pages.

I keep playing with the thought of simply setting Hawks on fire the next time I meet him but my mind keeps making up strange things in my head.

what if Hawks, the man too fast for his own good, is this boy I used to know?

this little blonde head with the messy hair that would stick into all directions even when the warden forcefully cut it.

that kid who kept sticking to my feet when I really just wanted some fucking peace.

that kid with the red wings that would shed all over the ground, always ending up in my bed as well.

for fuck's sake, how I hated being paired with him for each and every task...

but...

he didn't shy away from me.

what if Hawks was the boy who cheered me up, each time I was in the nurse's unit to get my wounds treated?