level two

𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚠𝚘

somewhere in tokyo

Ava POV

so we were on a rescue mission to find our lost leader.

maybe not the greatest weekend activity but at least it was exciting enough to make everyone join the mission.

Kurogiri was watching the whole scene from a place higher up in the skyscrapers. Mr Compress and Twice had the task to distract the guards in front of the building, while Toga and Spinner snuck insides. the plan was to cause trouble at one end of the building, until Kurogiri sent Dabi and I to actually get red shoes out of there.

we were watching the streets of tokyo with Kurogiri. it was so high up, I felt a bit sick by just looking down at the streets. I couldn't back down now.

this was nothing big!.. only saving our boss... well maybe it was a bit of a different kind of mission this time.

nevertheless, we have to rescue him out of the yakuza's grasp.

appearently, the entire league still owed them money and in an attempt to get us to pay them, they abducted our leader. none of them reached out to any of us yet because they weren't even sure about how much money this whole brawl was about.

another headache went through my brain, causing me to sigh quietly to myself.

"again?", Dabi noticed me crouching down, checking up on me from the side.

"It's gonna be gone in a moment..."

the black haired guy watched me another moment, before nodding. his eyes trailed back to the streets of Tokyo, when Kurogiri finally spoke up. "alright. let's get you two down there."

he turned to us, extending both of his hands as the purple and black smoke he was consisting of, started extending from his hands. he opened a small portal, waiting for us to walk through it.

I started at the strange substance a moment longer than I should have.

"are you scared?", Dabi mocked me, walking past me through the portal as if it was just a regular door. I knew this was just his way of showing me there was nothing to be afraid of, but I still hated him for calling me scared.

"it won't be open for forever", Kurogiri sighed. I quickly apologized before pushing through his warp gate. it really just was like stepping through a door, but my skin tingled strangely afterwards. everyone had such strong abilities...

the moment I went through the portal, I hit Dabi's back when I arrived at the other side. "what the-?", I exclaimed, holding onto his dark jacket in order to not trip.

I immediately noticed, how Dabi was pointing both his hands to the side, blue flames ascending from each of them.

why was he being defensive?

I peeked over his shoulder, seeing how a bunch of tattoed guys were standing right in front of us.

why the hell do they know we are here? I thought Toga and Spinner would distract them so they wouldn't be in this part of the building??

I tiptoed to get a better glance, spotting Shigaraki, tied up at the end of the corner. well then, we had no other chance of fighting our way through to him...

Shigaraki POV

I already saw the warp gate opening, before the guys guarding me were aware someone was invading their place.