a soul's world

𝚊 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕'𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍

nagoya

ava pov

long, black tentacles reaching far into the nightly sky. their skin emitted a foggy purple substance but if you touch them, their acidic slime will burn your skin and eat you up alive until there is nothing left of you no more.

...sounds like a plot straight out of a horror movie, doesn't it?

I reached the opening of the rift within the blink of an eye. Endeavor and his agency had appeared just in time to push the tentacles back into our well-planned trap. actually I was quite surprised to see the number one hero being part of the reinforcement. his agency uses fire based quirks and from my experience those only made the tentacles more angry.

Shoto had tried the exact same before and it was of no use.

his ice quirk also didn't change a lot.

we were slowly running out of ideas. if my theory was wrong and this thing wasn't a soul despite the heavy evidence, we all would be doomed.

once I was close enough for Endeavor to spot me, I activated my mother's bass quirk just in case they might attack me. I didn't think the purple glow would draw the flame hero's attention on me as well as some of the tentacles. Endeavor immediately spotted my silhouette approaching him and judging by the expression on his face, Enji Todoroki was more than surprised to meet me on the battlefield.

"Altair! what the hell are you doing here?", he shouted from a close distance as I was trying to outrun countless sidekicks that were fight off the tentacles but without any success. I barely dodged one of those black and purple arms before I finally reached the number one hero.

"fire doesn't work on it! neither does ice! you need to clear out the beach!", I commanded, leaving Endeavor puzzled. honestly, I never would have thought I'd order the number one hero around like I was the pro and he was my sidekick, but it seemed as if whoever called for backup didn't fill Endeavor in on our current situation. now was not the time to think about honorifics anyways!

Endeavor stared at me in surprise but didn't put me back in my place. instead he faced me, trying to ask what actually would help to push the monster back into the gigantic crack in the ground. just when he was about to speak up a tentacle shot at the number one hero.

shit! they are so fucking fast!

I leaped forwards, trying to stop the black tentacle from hitting Endeavor but I was not fast enough.

instead a purple light shot right into the direction of the number one hero.

although the tentacle was meant for Endeavor, it actually hit the soul that had jumped forwards to shield the number one hero instead of me, knocking it out in an instant. Enji Todoroki got pushed back by the impact of two souls clashing against each other, while the purple light dropped to the ground and stayed there.

a blood-curding scream shot through the air just like  the bullet of a gun. I spotted the motionless soul lying on the ground.

as if time had stopped completely, my eyes were frozen on the curly head buried in the sand.

„Castor!", I called out to him, but he didn't reply.

No... this can't be...

no no no no!

frozen in shock, I stared at my brother lying in the sand, unable to understand what had just happened. Castor's face was turned away from me, as he was resting on his stomach in the middle of the beach. both of his arms weren't visible, like a printer that ran out of ink.