soulmate

𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎

nagoya

Ava POV

"Zashi! Zashi! pick me up!"

the blonde haired pro hero turned around and reached for me sitting on the ground. lifting me up with ease, I found a comfortable spot on his back. his blonde hair was tickling my face as I leaned my cheek against the back of Hizashi's head.

"next time you have to walk back home yourself", he scolded me, but I didn't really pay attention, already drifting off to sleep after playing the entire day with my friends.

"one day you'll have to learn how to stand on your own two feet, little listener."

"what just happened back there?" Shigaraki coughed as we were stumbling towards the rift.

I shot my head around, glaring at the blue haired for a second before I realized that I had been daydreaming. since the two of us had escaped Eraserhead's wrath, I've been pulling Shigaraki with me, trying to support his steps but his foot had already dissolved up to his ankle just like my entire right hand.

hesitating for a second, I was searching for the right words to explain the situation to Shigaraki.

too much had happened already...

"PresentMic is a good one", I smiled to myself before finding a spot where Shigaraki could sit down in the sand, realizing that it was probably best to not talk any further about what the two pro heroes were talking about.

deep down I knew Hizashi was probably more of a father to me than my actual papa. I've spent the last six years of my life under his guarding wings and he's only been good to me. Hizashi saved me from a strict career at the hero safety commission and once I became a student at ua, he made sure I was always doing my best, cheering me up and motivating me in his own quirky ways.

when I graduated Hizashi took me in his agency, knowing that working as a sidekick would give me lots of experience, which I was still lacking. he made sure I'd be perfectly prepared to work on my own one day. although his upbringing wasn't exactly a strict one, Hizashi always had an eye on me in case something or moreover someone would come back to take my quirk from me.

I am grateful... but I'm not a little girl anymore.

judging on how Shigaraki's face contorted while I helped him sit down in the sand, the black substance sticking to his limb like glue was causing him a lot of pain. I wondered why my arm didn't feel as terrible anymore and why it was not spreading as fast as Shigaraki's infection.

"that shit ate my red shoes", he suddenly cursed, sighing at the pain. his hands were tightly wrapped around his thigh, as if he was trying to stop the pain by preventing the blood in his leg to flow properly.

"that won't work", I nudged his hand before gently removing them from his leg. "that thing is eating away on your soul... if your body lacks a soul, it is unable to sustain itself... it will simply decay, that's why your leg is slowly dissolving."

"decay you said?", Shigaraki grinned at the irony, before he gritted his teeth again, hissing as another wave of pain hit him.

"how did you even make it this far? I thought you were in that park down the coast...your entire foot is gone!" partly I was just curious, partly I wanted to change the topic so Shigaraki would concentrate on explaining instead of the pain in his leg.

as I kneeled down in the sand, I ripped parts off my hoodie's sleeve to wrap them around his leg in an attempt to stop the dark substance from spreading any further, but the dark matter dissolved the cloth almost immediately.