new battlegrounds

𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜

fukuoka

Ava POV

"I'm sorry chicky! I thought you'd enjoy this... little joyride!"

a warm voice echoed from behind my back, but I was too busy puking my heart out of my chest to even care about it.

I really can't stand flying.

I get motion sick really easily.

when Castor went to concerts overseas, he always took a plane, while I would literally gag at the thought of being in the air for more than a minute.

what did I do to deserve this punishment?

I was walking down a side street to the meeting spot Hawks had told me about, minding my own buisness, as I was deep in thoughts. just when I tried to figure out how I will be able to get a glance at the winged hero's soul, I noticed fast footsteps behind me. my head didn't turn fast enough. I only caught a glimpse of something big and red, before I got swooped off my feet, a firm hand wrapped around my back while another reached behind my knees.

for a second I threatend someone was going to kidnap me.

again.

as soon as I noticed this guy wasn't pulling me into a shady sidestreet to do whatever he pleased, but rather pulled me up into the sky, I knew this was going to be like purgatory to me.

and I was correct.

"do you need something?"

Hawks' concerned voice reached my ears yet again, his hand carefully patting my back as I was puking right behind some sort of chimney on the roof he had to crash land us, after I almost started vomiting on him.

"don't touch me!", I shot back at him, giving him an angry glare, before gagging once more.

I really hate flying.

Hawks backed off at my exclaim, his golden eyes still focused on my shaking figure. I heard his wings flutter, thinking he left me to my own destiny, when one of his red feathers floated in front of my eyes after a few minutes had passed.

it was carrying a water bottle.

I turned to look at the hero sitting cross legged on the edge of the roof. "it's not poisoned, don't worry", he joked, which caused me to roll my eyes.

this guy was unbelievable. I snatched the bottle from the feather, which flew back to its owner in a big swirl. ripping the cap off, I gulped down half of the water at once in order to get rid of the disgusting taste in my mouth.

once I was done I wiped my lips and glanced at the winged hero. Hawks had been silently sitting at the roof, attentively watching me with those piercing eyes of his. last time I've met him I was joking about the strange marks at the corners of his eyes. in the red and purple light of the sunset, his gaze was even more intimidating than when he threatened me in that side street not too far away from here.

Hawks was truly a man of many faces.

to the public he was a young but cunning hero, who managed to become the second best pro at just twenty-two years of age. to me he was a reckless traitor with no other reason to fall into line with the league of villains, except pure selfishness.

but enough of my endless hate towards this guy.

"do you always pick up Dabi like that as well?" I shot at the ash blonde, my green eyes never parting from Hawks' frame. he was wearing the same tan jacket and pants as last time we met. must me his hero costume. the hero flashed me an amused smile, as he pushed himself off the edge to walk over to me again.