replay

𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢

league of villains hq, shigaraki's office

Shigaraki POV

I couldn't concentrate.

I was really trying my best.

Ava's little snores were just too much of a distraction.

she slept in soon after I told her to lie down on the couch. every idiot could have seen how she was having troubles to even stand straight. if I sent her away now, she probably would have fainted while walking and I didn't want to be the one carrying her around again.

I thought I was alright with her just resting there, as long as she was quiet.

well.. I was wrong.

it isn't like I've never had any contact with a woman before, but I didn't really care about these things. I was not flirty like Mr. Compress or liked to mess with random girls every other day like Dabi. I had my fair share of hookups with girls I didn't even know their names, but none of them really held good memories - mostly because of my quirk.

how can you sleep with someone if you aren't allowed to touch them?

it's difficult to stay in the mood when your brain is repeatedly telling you not to ever touch her body with all your five fingers.

additionally to that struggle, I just had no time for that... or even the energy.

my focus was on my mission. the world needed to change, before I could mess with the thought of finding myself someone who was the perfect fit for me.

that's what I told myself.

why am I even thinking about this?

for fuck's sake, I know why.

because my train of thoughts keeps trailing to the little blonde sleeping on my couch.

I pushed myself up from my chair and walked over to Ava. she was still fast asleep with her legs pulled against her chest. she looked so tiny. the fever was probably reaching its high right now.

I kneeled down next to the couch to get a better look at her. my gaze trailed from her tightly shut eyes, over her round nose. I noticed a little birth mark she had on the bridge of her nose. then my eyes went down, closing in on her rosy lips. her cheek was squished against the armrest, which caused her to make a strange expression.

a little chuckle escaped my lungs.

I quickly removed Father from my face and rubbed it with both of my hands. before peeking at her again from behind my fingers, I scratched the rough skin on my forehead.

Kurogiri brought her here to distract me.

I was too caught up in the whole dark energy matter, I failed everything else I tried to do, because I just wasn't invested in it at all. Ava changed that. she made a family out of the league. they started to work together so most of their missions succeed by now.

I never cared about being a good leader, I only wanted my plans to process in a positive way.

now I can see that everyone's work got much better with a bit of encouragement by our very own sunshine girl.

I keep thinking that she doesn't fit in this world.

she tries to be nice to everyone she meets.

Ava cares for all of us, despite the fact that we used to be her enemy. she saved everyone by distracting Midnight and Snipe the other day. if someone was in pain, she'd comfort them with her quirk and her words. her power was ridiculously strong.