battle of giants

𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜

mountains

Ava POV

activating soul song, the outlines of my mother's hand appeared around mine. with one gigantic bass boost, the avalanche that was following to our feet was parted into two, giving away the monster that had caused it.

Gigantomachia.

I still couldn't believe this guy was hiding in plain sight all this time, we were just too oblivious to spot him right in front of our nose. we've been looking for a man wandering these forests. never would I have imagined the man we were looking for was actually a beast larger than a tree with spiky brown hair and eyes without any iris or pupil.

he looked lifeless like a puppet.

that's why I couldn't sense him before he started moving.

this guy had been in a state of rest, lowering all his bodily functions to the minimum, but usually his soul shouldn't have been affected by that. once he started to show himself, I realized that I wasn't unable to locate his soul but that it simply felt like an empty void.

there was no character to him.

when you look at a colorful painting, you first notice the many colors used to paint the picture, not the white spots between them.

how do you recognize emptiness?

whoever this guy is, he has sold his soul to his master, All for One. his dedication overtook his own ambitions and dreams. this man is living only for All for One, that's why his soul had no distinctive tune to it.

Machia was indeed just a puppet.

and his job was to see if Shigaraki was worth being their master's successor.

„how do we stop this beast?", I groaned at said blue haired, hoping he would finally snap out of just staring at the monster and do something. he was the first to notice Machia was aiming a punch at us, but now Shigaraki was mindlessly staring at his master's associate, the guy he had been looking for since months.

I don't know why I could tell but by the way Shigaraki's head was tilted upwards I knew instantly that he was grinning from ear to ear. at first I thought Shigaraki was scary, but seeing how his prior shock turned into utter amazement for the giant human, I felt like a heavy weight got lifted from my shoulders. that's the true Shigaraki, leader of the league of villains, the guy who wanted to kill All Might, who tried to turn a ua student into a villain, who fought the yakuza from the inside of their own hideout.

most people may call him a lunatic, but to me he was my only way out of this forest alive and just the fact that he was smiling right now made me feel incredibly safe.

my bass quirk wasn't as perfected as my mother's. I can still use it to a greater extend than other quirks of my relatives because I remember it from when I was a child, but there is still a small path between things I can push around and things I can't - a gigantic rock man is definitely on the lower end of that spectrum.

Gigantomachia was still racing at us at top speed and although spilting the avalanche bought us a moment, we were now face to face with the giant again.