level one

𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝚘𝚗𝚎

league of villains hq

Ava POV

"where do you think you are going?", I groaned, keeping my steps with the guy walking in front of me.

"recruiting new members", Dabi answered blankly, staring back at me for a moment. it's been almost a week and I was sure he has been ignoring me.

"I want to come with you!", I whined to annoy him.

"listen", he stopped in his walk, glancing at me angrily. "little girls like you don't belong here, don't you get that? no one wants you here!"

"that's a lie!" Twice suddenly opened his door, watching us both before he understood the situation. "excuse me!", he mumbled as he was throwing the door shut again.

a sigh escaped Dabi's lips. "well then let's say I don't want you here" his icy blue eyes pierced right through me. this guy really didn't like company at all.

"so what if you can't stand me? I'll still be persistent and try following you anyways"

he groaned at that, turning to face me completely. "don't you get that this is for your own good? you are just going to get hurt out there! I don't need you dragging me down!"

"I won't drag you down, Dabi! I'm here to help", I shouted at him, but he was already about to leave again.

"you wouldn't even be able to withstand my flames for a bare second"

I balled my fists at that comment, standing in the midst of the corridor and staring at his back. "how do you know that? you've never seen me fighting! you know what, I think you are just too narrow minded to realize that two people together will always be stronger than a loner! but what did I expect from a cheap lighter like you?"

a split second later, i met Dabi's cold eyes again.

yes!! he took the bait!

a moment passed and his blue flames were shooting at me. they were spreading over the floor and crawled up the walls. once they reached me, I was completely swallowed by them.

"it's enough Dabi!", Kurogiri's deep voice suddenly hit my eardrums. did he care about me or the carpet - who knows? it didn't matter anyways.

Dabi listened to the cloud of purple smoke and stopped his flames. he probably expected me to be dead by now. I could see the surprise in his eyes, when I was still standing there, one of my hands extended into the direction the flames came from. Kurogiri stepped next to me, seemingly eyeing me as well.

"how did you do that?", Dabi was the one to speak up first. I lifted my hand, showing him the pale and purple outlines of my mother's soul. the outlining had changed and showed little speaker in the middle of my palm.

"her quirk was called bass. she had these speakers to amplify her heartbeat. the change of pressure could make her move the air. she perfected the quirk and worked on it all her life. I can use it to push myself into the air or lift up things from further away. it almost looks like telekinesis although it's something completely else!"

"so you used the air to blow the fire away from you... impressive", Kurogiri chuckled, shooting Dabi a glare.

the black haired man was still staring at me, but his expression has changed - at least a bit.

I quietly smiled to myself. I knew if I could show him my strength, he wouldn't think of me so poorly! I just needed a chance to show him my quirk!

"so?", I spoke up, making a step closer to said man. "will you now allow me to join you? if I really drag you down you can still send me back to the hq again!"

"come on. you just saw as I how capable of joining you she actually is", Kurogiri chimed in and I silently thanked him for helping me out here.

in the end, Dabi gave in and let me join him. I was more than happy that after a week of doing the groceries, cooking and cleaning, I finally evolved from a housekeeper to an actual member of this group.

Dabi didn't make it easy on me. I had to show him some of my power at first, so he knew what to expect if we ever ended up in a fight. he took me on patrols and I saw quite a lot of the country because of him. we met contact people and did some smaller robberies.

we needed the money after all.

Dabi never grew fond of me like Twice or Toga, but I noticed that he didn't hate my presence anymore. it were the little things, like matching his walking pace with mine when we were out in the streets. I knew his cremation quirk was hurting him after seeing him in action for a few times, so I started carrying a first aid kid with me.

he never told me to do so, but he also never told me off when I asked if I should take care of his burns.

we just slowly got an unofficial team. he was a really powerful guy, so I was happy to learn from him, even if he was bickering all the freaking time.

we just came back from a longer mission outside of town, when we ran into the others in the kitchen.

"didn't mind inviting us to the party?", Dabi raised an eyebrow, watching how the bunch was sitting around the table.

"this isn't quite the party", Kurogiri sighed, motioning us to sit down as well. "have any of you two seen Shigaraki in the last few weeks?"

Dabi and I sat down next to Spinner and Mr. Compress. "haven't talked to him since... three weeks.. maybe four? why?", Dabi asked.

"because he is nowhere to be found and we were just asking ourselves why no one had noticed up until now" Kurogiri's voice sounded salty. Dabi told me he had the order to take care of our blue headed leader, so now that he failed, it was only logically that he would be angry.

"come to think of it, I haven't seen him since I first came here..",I added. although I spent most of my time with the human flamethrower Dabi, I got to know the others as well - only Shigaraki never showed up or talked to me.