reload weapon

𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚍 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗

league of villains hq

Ava POV

Shigaraki's glance shook me to the bones. we were just playing around, I at least was. I didn't intend using my brother's quirk on anyone who refuses to receive it.

it's something my brother did, so I tried to not make the same mistakes as him.

I was actually just amused, how determined Shigaraki was. he tried to fight me although he had basically no strength and he still succeeded.

I was lying underneath him, when I felt the pillow underneath crumble to ashes. I could literally hear how it started to decay. a truly horrible sounds, that made me freeze and jump at the very same time.

Shigaraki didn't notice what he had done at first, but I'll never forget the very moment he realized his quirk had activated just inches besides me. his blue hair was a mess, hanging down his face. between the thick wisps, my eyes met his and while I must have looked afraid, the blue haired was truly petrified.

I've never seen such an intense gaze on someone before. it was as if a part of him just died, right before my eyes and I couldn't do something.

he told me to leave, I almost did, but when I was already at the door, I heard the dull sound of his fist hitting the wall. I turned to look at him and something in my chest just clenched.

the way he was sitting there. his head hanging low, but with his eyes burning with rage towards himself, towards this little mistake that might have costed me my life.

I couldn't leave him alone now. he was hurting himself, but he was clearly hurt insides as well. it was like I was watching a little child in front of me. he made a mistake, so he had to be punished, he had to feel pain.

I felt the need to protect him from himself.

I couldn't keep on watching this horrible scene, so I walked back to him and stopped his hand from moving. he didn't react to any of my touches, but for the first time since I'm here, I felt like my words truly reached him.

"what are you cooking?", Shigaraki's voice suddenly echoed from behind my shoulder. I was so deep in thoughts, I didn't even notice him walking up to me at the stove. because his words surprised me that much, I let go of the fork I was holding in hands and it ended up in the sizzling pan with meat.

"for fuck's sake", I cursed, trying to reach into the pan, but the hot oil would make me pull back more than once. I earned a couple of chuckles from Shigaraki, who had calmed down by now.

I had sent him to take a shower while I would make dinner. the both of us were starving anyways and after the talk we just had, I used the chance and asked if he wanted to eat something. I tried my best to calm him back there, make him feel not as bad about it as it actually was, while my own heart was still racing.

however, nothing could mend someone's wounds more than my mother's special ramen with crispy chicken meat!

I was lucky we had chicken at home for once. I assumed one of the boys had bought it for themselves. I hope they don't mind me using it. the others were all out on missions, so Shigaraki and I were the only ones left at the hq. I volunteered to look for him, because I wasn't any use with my injuries anyways.

"you can sit down, I'll bring you your bowl in a minute", I explained to him, cracking two eggs in the pan to let them soak up the spices from the meat, before putting them into the bowl of ramen.