rumors

𝚛𝚞𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚜

the mountains

Shigaraki POV

time passed by soooooo slowly.

Mr. Compress and I went to check the mountains for a guy, which should have been Kurogiri's task.

for fuck's sake.

the purple mist really left me with no other choice than go there myself. once I found out there was a strong ally of All for One hiding in the mountains, I had to meet him.

when Ava broke down, I contacted Ujiko. I couldn't help her any other way, so I thought of calling the Doc to make sure she would a check up soon enough. because I was already calling him, I asked about his opinion regarding the dark matter from the coast.

Dr. Ujiko didn't spare me with his harsh opinions. he told me that right now, I wouldn't even be able to get a quirk treatment. I was confused by all of this nonsense, but the old Doc explained it to me.

All for One had prepared a way to enhance my quirk. I don't know how or why, but if he wanted me to become even stronger, he probably had a reason. maybe I'll finally get All for One's abilities through that treatment.

for fuck's sake, sometimes I wished I could still ask the master for advice, but I had to become a true leader myself. I can't rely on my teacher's words every damn time. I was really trying.

Ujiko told me there is an old aquaintance of the master hiding in the mountains close to our city. I should talk to that guy, if I want to become stronger. regarding the black energy, he told me, it will most likely kill me if I fight it face to face, but it's a strong source of power. if I learn to control it - maybe with Ava's quirk - then I could eventually use it in my favor.

if not, the whole city of Nagoya will be destroyed.

Ujiko asked if I could bring him a sample of the black tentacle, so he could examine its power, but I refused to, after he told me straight into my face that I was an incapable brat.

serves the old man right. thinking he is so smart with his nomus, when he doesn't even have a quirk himself. it takes way too long to produce the high ends anyways, so why am I still working with this guy?

whatever...

Mr. Compress had a license, so I asked him to drive to the mountains with me and go looking for the guy, I had originally commanded Kurogiri to search for. the mountains already carried snow so I thought it would be easy to find someone at least, but there weren't even footprints.

you can imagine how awkard the drive there was, but it only got worse, when we wouldn't find anything and had to head back to the hq.

Compress had one hand on top of the steering wheel, the other comfortably in his lap. he was wearing that one ugly mask with the grinning face in black and white. I sighed and pulled my legs up onto the seat, looking out of the window, when the tall guy's voice resounded over the steady swing music playing from the radio.

"do you think Dabi and Ava suceeded with their mission?" Compress didn't bother looking at me. I knew he didn't really care about the job, but moreover if Ava was fine.

he was so easy to read.

from the start on, he had his eyes on Ava. he always looked after her, trying to be close to her, cracking stupid jokes, but still maintaining the appearance of a mysterious trickster. it isn't like he has a bunch of women batting their eyes at him already. out of all the people he decided to go for Ava Altair and it annoys the crap out of me.