twisted fate

𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎

fukuoka

Ava POV

I was relieved when I spotted Dabi sitting on the edge of the rooftop at the warehouse we had met Hawks. he had his legs pulled up against his chest and was staring at the brightly lit bar across the street, totally lost in thoughts.

sighing to myself, I walked closer to him.

he insulted me, but I shouldn't have hit him.

we were a good team. we bickered often like an old couple, but I had never slapped him because of anything before.

I was sorry and wanted to apologize.

Dabi didn't notice when I was walking up to him. I had bought some cheap beer for him in a grocery store, when going back here. they didn't ask for my id, which I was frankly speaking quite happy about. Hawks was still haunting me in the back of my mind and so I decided alcohol would be the right decision right now... well... I was actually too young to buy alcohol.. my birthday is only in a few months..

...

I'm a villain, why do I care about the legal drinking age??

once I was standing next to Dabi, I placed the can against the man's cheek. because it had been cooled and Dabi's body was naturally hot due to of his cremation quirk, a little „tss" sound errupted and made Dabi shoot his head around to look up at me.

his blue eyes were widened. there was nothing cruel or aggressive about this Dabi anymore.

„Ava I am-„ I didn't let him finish his sentence, already cutting him off while handing him the beer.

„don't apologize. I should have let you explain... Hawks may be useful one day." I cringed at my own words. before I left, the hero had told me he had eyes and ears everywhere so I shouldn't try to backstab him. I wanted to shout to the heavens that this guy was a total scam, but if I would, I'd just be in the same messed up position as him.

we were truly perfect partners in crime.

I sat down next to Dabi. the older was silent for a bit, before he opened the can and took a sip. his eyes trailed to the busy street underneath us, before he spoke up again.

„I didn't mean what I said. your opinion actually matters quite a lot. up until now your feeling was always right... I shouldn't have called you a hero."

I can't even explain how relieved I am about those words. I really thought Dabi meant what he said exactly how he said it. silently, I cursed Hawks to the heavens.

„I don't want to talk about this anymore", I dodged the topic, but was still glad Dabi considered my opinion. I promised the hero to not say anything bad about him anymore, but I won't change what I had already said, maybe Dabi would think about it.

the black haired nodded slightly at my reply, turning back to look down at the street that was busking with people. this was probably the club area, that's why so many young people were still out at this time.

at some point Dabi leaned back onto his elbows, lazily sipping from the can. I chuckled to myself at his stupid position, as I followed his gaze. my eyes spotted a couple walking down the street. a handsome fella with a really curvy beauty.

„you think these two are an old couple or this is their first date?", I jokingly asked. watching random people on the streets and wondering what they've been up to is such a great way to make time pass by.