wasted

𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍

fukuoka

Ava POV

the air turned cold once the sun went down. every single one of my breaths was displayed as a small cloud, as I was walking down the streets of Fukuoka. my hands were hidden in the pockets of my coat, but the cold was still stinging in my face and ears.

I needed this little pain. it made me calm down at least a bit.

I still can't believe he said that.

so everybody knows about Compress and me in the gym hall? great, just great.

I wondered if Atsuhiro was the one who told Dabi. I assume it must have been him, because Shigaraki didn't seem like the guy to spread rumors. we didn't even kiss so why would he tell that to everybody?

was he showing me off? i'm not a trophy tho.

why was Dabi not trusting me, for real? I was just trying to help them. Hawks was a serious threat for the league and Dabi really thought about making him a member? did the heat of his body fry his brain completely?

he also called me a hero again.

man, on days like this I wished I was still at home with Mozart and nothing more to worry about the next day at Hizashi's agency and how I wouldn't fall asleep in my vocal lessons.

I used to know my place, but now I'm not sure anymore.

I thought the league were my friends, but appearently I was just as trustworthy as Hawks right now. at the same time I still stayed true to myself. I will keep on trying to protect as many people as possible. even if it sometimes means crossing the plans of the league of villains.

the last thing I want right now is blood on my hands.

by now, I agree to Shigaraki's ideals.

they aren't any different to Stain's back then when there was such a big hype about the hero killer.

heroes that are not doing their job and are corrupted need to leave, while there are some villains, like Twice for example, who are genuinely good people, who won't hurt a soul.

this world is seriously fucked up.

just when I thought the day couldn't be any better, I sensed something coming up behind me. I wasn't fast enough to dodge the guy, but I was still able to catch his hands, as they were reaching for my throat.

I found myself pushed against the wall of a dark sideway, my back hitting the brick wall with a rough impact. the guy was fighting my grip, until he finally held me by the fluffy collar of my coat.

it was only then that I recognized the winged hero.

his golden eyes were sharp, piercing at me through yellow aviator glasses he hadn't woren when we talked to him just a few hours ago. his clothes were cleaned up as well.

my teeth clenched as I met his half lidded gaze. he seemed just as happy to see me as I was. my view shifted to his back. his feathers didn't regrow yet, if I was fast enough, I could beat him here and now...

"don't worry. I'm not here to fight you", he scoffed as he noticed the purple light around my hand.

"but maybe I want to fight you."

I reached for the collar of his tan jacket just the same way he held mine, staring back into his golden eyes. I wasn't going to back down in front of this chicken.