ego shooter

𝚎𝚐𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚛

league of villains hq

Ava POV

my feet hit the cold floor, carefully tiptoeing out of Atsuhiro's room once he fell asleep.

my gut feeling told me to leave immediately as soon as the tall brown was sleeping. technically we didn't do anything against the rules, but I still felt like I just broke them.

fuck it. I shouldn't be worrying about this.

I really believed it was a good way to keep myself focused. even if the Atsuhiro's embrace seemed like the perfect place to take a nap, memories of fukuoka, the muscular mission and Shigaraki sleeping on the couch kept coming back to me randomly.

all the things that didn't go by plan.

everything was so close to failing.

Rust died, fearing his own death, screaming his heart out of his chest without me even moving an inch. I should have done something.

Hawks caught me taking care of the civilians. he knows I am not who I ought to be. as long as I don't lose a word about this wanker and his disloyalties, he also won't spill my secrets. for now I'm safe, but for how long?

additionally to all that, Mr. Compress and Shigaraki's fight put a real damper on me... I didn't want them to hate each other.

these past weeks so much happened and I couldn't really comprehend a single one of those problems. I was too caught up in what was happening around me, I didn't even notice that I've barely made it by those last two missions.

until now.

the entire headquarters were as quiet as a graveyard. at a time like this everyone is either asleep or still on mission. the basement was peaceful but lonely. I sneaked past the door to Shigaraki's office, thinking about checking on him again, but he would only get annoyed if I was bugging him. the image of him lying on the couch, looking so gloomy and heartbroken won't leave my mind. I don't know what he was worrying about but I guessed it was something Atsuhiro said to him.

however, Shigaraki told me to leave him alone, so I will do as he said. some people like being held, others like to talk about their struggles. the blue haired leader doesn't seem to me like these types of people, I also don't know him well enough to decide how to act in such a situation. my only option was to listen to what e asked me to do for now, so instead of peeking inside of the office, I fetched some fresh and comfortable clothes and headed to the bathroom. because it was quite early, I was sure none of the others were around.

you see, we are sharing the bathroom and appearently it has no lock. the shower is around the corner, so you don't directly see the shower cabin, but I walked in on Twice enough times to make sure to check thrice if someone is around before getting naked.

when pulling my shirt off, my shoulders hurt. somehow, I only noticed how tensed my muscles where now. I ran quite a lot in fukuoka, my soles were sore and my thigh muscles ached. 

I really needed a break.

just a moment to go through everything that happened to me those past months. from my abduction, to joining Dabi on missions, getting to know everybody, rescuing Shigaraki, meeting the tentacle, almost dying but regaining my entire heroic assets, the party at Sir Park's mansion, my escape from Midnight, Shigaraki stitching me up, my fight with him, the mission at ua high, Shigaraki breaking down right in front of us, the dance with Atsuhiro, the Rust mission, the fukuoka nomu mission.