1

BLAZE

The rays of the sun, shone through the window, blinding me awake. I rubbed my eyes and groaned, gradually feeling the effects of the alcohol from last night. My head felt as if a thousand hammers were hitting and pounding my skull. I groggily got off of the sofa and to the bathroom. I splashed ice cold water onto my face, cooling myself down a bit and replacing the sticky sweat that had found its way into my face overnight.

Another late night, another hangover, a recurring routine of mine.

I stumbled back out to the living room and swished the curtains shut, I then made my way back to the sofa and lied down. I sprawled myself over the comfortable, soft fabric and relaxed, getting ready for another rest.

That however never came.

No. The obnoxious laughter from my friends echoed throughout the house, making my already dreadful hangover worsen. Their clown like laughter, matched their clown like behaviour as they came, quite literally, rolling down the stairs. Their uncontrollable laughter continued as they rolled around the floor, play fighting like 11 year olds.

That's Greyson and Bentley for you.
Fucking idiots.

I bit down on my lip to control myself from an outburst. As always I seemed to get more irritable than usual while having a hangover.

I heard footsteps coming near the sofa, choosing to ignore whoever it was and try and relax, I close my eyes.

"Blazey!" Greyson bellowed down my ear, causing me to jump at the sudden noise. I huffed and slowly opened my eyes to glare up at him. He had a smug smirk on his face.

I stood up off the sofa and smiled sweetly at him.

"Hey Greyson." I, unknowingly to him, picked up some leftover beer from last night off the coffee table. I gripped the cup tightly in front of me.

"Fuck you." I poured the contents of the cup all over him.

It was obviously one of those days where I was totally done with everybody's shit.

"Blaze! What the hell?" Greyson screeched. Bentley casually walked into the room to see what all the fuss was about.

"You poked the bear Greyson. You know what she gets like. Yet, you still do it." Bentley chuckled as Greyson was fanning himself off, thinking that would work.

"Sorry Blaze." He muttered, making his way to the kitchen where Bentley had begun cooking something up.

"Staying for breakfast B." Bentley called, scoffing some bacon.

"No. I'm going to go home. I don't feel like cleaning up the place while you idiots sit down and watch."

"You would look so much better doing it though."

"Pig."

"We love you too Blaze." I overheard as I staggered out the house.

I couldn't stand to be around them right now, partly because of my hangover. Last night was wild, the drinking, dancing all night long. The other reason, well, I just didn't fancy being around anyone right now. I just want to be completely and utterly alone. Finding peace in the silence I guess.

//

By the time I'd reached my house, it was twelve in the afternoon, the walk home took longer than usual, not that I minded, I needed to clear my head.

I reached the door and began looking for my keys, patting down all of my pockets, not finding it where I usually put it. Instead of continuing my search, I knocked on the door, hoping it would be Cori that answers, not my godparents, reason being they would have plenty of things to say.

"Blaze. Where have you been all night? We've been worried sick." The door swung open revealing Nicola Casen, my overly protective, energetic godmother.

"Party."

"Is that all you're going to say?" She probably meant it as rhetorical but being too early in the morning for me, I didn't get the memo.

"Yep." I pushed passed her making my way to the kitchen, passing Jake Casen and Cori Casen.

The two looked at me, with a hint of shame or disappointment, I couldn't figure out which, not that I cared anyway. I couldn't.

I rummaged through the kitchen looking for some painkillers, not finding any and not bothering to tidy up the mess I made, I stomped out of the kitchen.

"Where are the drugs?" I stared at the family in front of me.

"Under your bed." Cori giggled.

"Not those drugs you muppet. The painkillers."

"Sweetie. Come sit down a minute. Jake will go out and get some." Nicola smiled, her supposed winning smile. It may have won her a husband, a job, and a house, but it will not win me over. No way.

"No. Look I want my drugs and I want my bed. I'm not in the mood right now. Okay. So leave me be. Jakey I'll be upstairs when you get back from the shops."

I walked away to my room. My room was a renovated attic, I had that much room that I practically lived in it all the time. Sofa, a double bed, flat screen T.V, a mini fridge, I was practically set up. I also had a space to do my college work and my artwork, which nobody knew about.

As soon as I made it to my room, I crashed on my bed. I cuddled up to the duvet and drifted.

//

Somebody bumping into something in my room, alerted me awake. I spotted Cori holding his leg, hobbling near my bed.

"Get the fuck out!" I threw the closest pillow at him.

"Chill. Here." He threw a pack of pills at me.

"Thank you Nugget." I hear him groan in response at the nickname, it was one his parents used all the time when he was little.

Without saying a word he walked away, that's what I liked about Cori, he didn't pry into my business or annoy me. Living with him was pretty simple.

I took two of the tablets and dozed back off for a well deserved sleep.

//

"Blaze! Get up." Jake ordered, popping his head up from the latch of the attic.

"What. Why are you waking me up?" I spoke after a few seconds.

"Nicola's made breakfast. Get moving."

"Fabulous." I rolled out of bed landing on the hard floor. Having the quickest of washes and getting dressed in anything I could find. I grabbed my college pass and climbed down the ladders of the attic.

I ran down the stairs and glanced to the dining room, where the Casen's were sitting at the table, all eating together like a nice little family. Wanting to avoid playing happy families, I rushed out, not bothering to say goodbye.