16

RIVER

Spending the day with Blaze was like a breeze. There's just something about her. Though I don't know what it is that makes me so....drawn to her.

I know I need to keep it professional, but somehow I don't want to. It would be impossible to. I don't want to just help her or mentor her. I want to be more. I want to know her, not just her troubles, I want to know her as a person.

Even though it's only the second time I've met her and spoke with her, I feel something when I'm around her. I feel more alive than ever before.

I don't know anymore.

Driving back to my apartment my mind flicks back to the café, where she went all flustered and nervous. Her smile.

That damn smile

This girl has changed everything for me, and she doesn't even know it. Not that I understand it.

Pulling up to my usual parking space, I grab my keys and phone and go towards the building, getting into the lift to my apartment.

Opening my door with a swing, I drop my things on the side table and make a beeline to my kitchen for some coffee. While boiling I grab my laptop and set it in front of me.

Checking through my emails on my laptop I see one from my old friend back in New York. A picture of me and a group of other people, drink in hands, all of us standing outside. The picture takes me back to one of my darkest times in my life.

Stumbling through the house, bumping into everyone and everything. The room spins and blurriness takes over my vision. With my head pounding to the music, I trudge to the garden, where the music isn't so loud. Taking the last swig from the bottle, it slips out of my hand, shattering to the floor, the glass sprawling out over the concrete.

Another drink and I'm falling over my own feet. Muffled voices and blurry faces. The pounding in my head increases. Dizziness surrounds me and slowly takes over, my legs going weak, making me fall to the ground, the only noise I can hear is my name, being shouted, over and over again.

Thinking back to that night, reminds me of the hospital I woke up in the next morning. My mom's disappointment in me. It also makes me think back to where it all started.

      Leaving my laptop and my coffee I walk to my bedroom, pulling out a box from under my bed. The photos fill the box, spilling out slightly. I rummage through until I find the right one. A picture with my dad and I. My dad had a basketball in hand and I was smiling next to him. We were both happy. I was around 11 at the time. Little did the eleven year old me know that a few years later that happiness would be ripped away.

Piece by piece.

———————————————

UNEDITED

So that was just a short filler for you all, and a look into River's past, there will be more on that,

Next up my favourite duo are back, Blaze and Bentley,

That is literally all I have to say right now so yeahhh 😕