36

BLAZE

Carla coming over last night kept me up. What could she need to tell me? She's never been like that before, she's always had a smile on her face despite me not understanding why.

After receiving Carla's message with a time I set out without anyone knowing. The weather was thankfully bright so I didn't have to catch a lift and could keep my meeting with Carla private like she wants. She's always felt comfortable with having Bentley around so her not wanting him there now sparks worry in me.

Turning the corner near the cafe, I spot Carla's bright pink car making me think back to the days the four of us would go on roadtrips in that car. One of the enjoyable moments I've had with Greyson, Carla and Bentley. We felt free together, like we could do anything in the world. We were protected by Greyson after all, when he was around we could've gotten away with murder. While the boys would be out causing havoc, Carla and I would go off and hang out together, shopping, drinking cocktails at a random bar. I miss the original group of us, even though if I never met them I wouldn't have been addicted to pills. I'm still glad I met the three of them though because I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

Across the road from the cafe I wait for the cars to go past. Carla sits by the table closest to the window, dazing outside like she is looking for someone other than me. Entering the cafe the door swings open, making Carla jump slightly.

"Hey," I say sitting across from her in the booth.

"We need to move away from the window. Can we go way back there?" she says pointing behind her to the shaded part of the cafe where there aren't any windows and you aren't visibly seen.

"Carla what's going on with you? Are you in trouble?"

"It's complicated," she mutters, sipping her milkshake, her eyes drifting for me to the door.

Sitting in silence, the next half an hour drags on. I want her to get to the point so I can go back home. I don't want to be here all day waiting for her to talk.

"You look well,"

"Thanks,"

"I'm sorry for bringing you out here, it doesn't really matter anyway." she tries to get up but I block her path. This is not normal behaviour for Carla, I miss her annoying smile like when she used to smile about nothing in particular.

"Carla tell me what's going on." I push.

"If he finds out I've warned you I'm done, he'll throw me out. Ruin my reputation, make me a loner again," she shakes her head, still trying to get past me.

"Who? Is it Greyson?" she nods slumping her shoulders and glancing to the floor.

"Blaze, he's acting off. He's obsessing over the fact than Bentley got you and that you both have left him,"

This can't be good. Bentley and I owe Greyson for bringing us into his crowd when we were struggling. He was everything to us. He's always liked me, wanting me more than a friend, but I never liked him that way. I used to see him as a brother and nothing more.

"You need to be careful. He's up to something, plotting and sneaking around. Everything's changed for him now, with his parents still against his future plans and you and Bentley walking away from him he thinks the whole world is against him,"

"Why now? We walked away from him months ago. Why is he trying to stir the pot now?" Greyson always had a plan if someone betrayed him or hurt someone he cares about. Normally it would take him a week to get back at that person, so why is up to something now?

"You hurt his ego. You know what he's like. He doesn't tell me much anymore but what I do know is that it's big for him what he's planning to do." Carla sits back down, brushing her hair out of her face and staring right at me, giving a view of her bloodshot eyes.

"Have your wits about Blaze. He wants to ruin you. Your life, everything. So be cautious." Carla stands up glancing at the door. Following her actions, she jumps into my arms giving me a hug.

"You didn't hear any of this from me." she whispers before leaving me and walking out the door.

Greyson Cole wants to ruin me.

Letting the words sink in seems near impossible. I should have expected this but somehow I didn't think he would. Shouldn't I be the one ruining him from what he did that day by college?

Am I going to be on the long list of others to be ruined by Greyson Cole?

------------------

unedited

oh dear, Greyson's up to something.

what could that be?

bentley's story has been published, just the description and characters first so check it out.