5

BLAZE

The police station is an all too familiar place for me. Just four days ago I was being sent here. Apparently I was too drunk, not that I remember.

While the police call my godparents I sat at a random desk thinking about thonights events. My so-called friends leaving me, when they clearly saw me. To say I was angry would be an understatement. No, I'm livid. It feels like a recurring thing with them now. Greyson specifically. He always does this to me, or something else. I, stupidly, always go running back to him. It's like he knows I'll run back to him too. This time however, I'm not entirely sure.

I hear a familiar voice of the Marco, the cleaner, behind me, I turn my head to face him, and he instantly smiles when he sees me. Marco has always been nice to me, every time I come in here and get myself into some trouble, he's always there to put a smile on my face.

"Hey kid. Back so soon."

"Please...don't act like you didn't miss me."

"It's been four days." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Four days too long."

"Clearly. What happened this time?"

"Bonfire party turned into a massive fight, police came and I dashed off, after my friends left me of course, then I got caught up with."

"Those friends of yours are no good Blaze." He told me. He was right though, they are no good for me anymore, but I just can't seem to get away from them.

"I guess they're not." I smiled sadly, looking down at my hand, tugging at the hem of my top.

"BLAZE O'TOOLE!" My godfather, Jake, shouts through the station.

"See you around kiddo." Marco smiles before walking off.

"Hi." I mumbled as Jake came up in front of me. He looked furious, maybe a little sad too.

"Come on. Let's go."

From his reaction and the look on his face, I have a feeling there's going to be a conversation I won't like when I get home.

I step into the car while he slams his door shut. He starts the engine, not bothering to strap himself in and pulls out of the parking lot.

At this hour I'm surprised he's not in his pyjamas or something, it's like he was expecting me to get in trouble. To be honest I knew this night wouldn't go smoothly. I'd say it's my terrible luck but I'd be lying, it's all on me. That's how I feel anyway. I can't really help it though, trouble seems to always find me.

While driving we pass my old house. The house I grew up in. Where I was happy, before that happiness got ripped away from me. Even though it was only a passing glance the house still looked the same. The same wooden door with paint peeling off it, the same door I used to walk through when I got home, to be greeted by my doting parents and cheerful younger brother. The same door I'll never walk through again.

I always drive past my old house, look at it for just a second, then I pass it. I don't think I could stand looking at my old house for any longer than a second. I don't think I could ever get out of the car to walk up to it. The memories, the pain. I think it would all be too much to handle.

My thoughts disappear as I realise the car has stopped and I'm being called.

"Blaze, we're here." Jake called, staring at me. I nod in response, getting out of the car and walking to the front door.

How I wish it was my old one.

//

I sit myself down on the sofa, nervously waiting for the family meeting. The two older Casen's were talking amongst themselves in the kitchen. When they walk back in their expressions are unreadable, which unnerves me even more.

"We've decided that we're going forward with finding you a new counsellor or a mentor, for you Blaze."

Brilliant. Just fantastic.

"You have an issue Blaze, and you need help."

I scoff, staring at the two.

"I have seen multiple counsellors before, and they don't care. They're just stupid, nosy, old women, that, instead of dealing with their own problems, like to stick their noses into other people's."

"You don't get a say in this anymore Blaze." Nicola spoke up. "Our decision is final, and that's that."

"Why do you even care anyway? I'm nothing to you. So why are you going to all this trouble?"

"Blaze your mother wouldn't want you to be like this. I made a promise to her.....and to you." Nicola had tears, dripping from her eyes, but I felt nothing.

"Do. Not. Talk. About. My. Mom." I gritted my teeth, trying desperately to hold it together.

"We care about you. We just want what's best for you." Jake sat down in front of me, holding onto his teary wife's hand.

"Want to know what's best for me? What's best is if you just leave me the hell alone. I'm fine. I don't need you, or a counsellor, or anyone. I. Am. Fine. So leave me be."

"No you're not. We're getting you help, end of discussion. We'll find someone by next week. Now we'll discuss this more tomorrow. I'll get a list of some ready for you as well. Go get some sleep."

Without another word, I walk towards my room. I quickly get changed into my pyjamas, even though I don't plan on sleeping, I'll be awake soon enough anyway. I grab some of my pills that I've hidden under my bed and take one. It ought to keep me awake long enough.

I really wish I didn't have to see another counsellor, I would skip out on it, but Nicola will most likely push me into the room, and follow me around like a bodyguard.

I hope the counsellor is prepared for who they'll be dealing with.

—————————

Unedited
X

Comment, vote, tell me what you think about Blaze.