10

BLAZE

    Two days since my outburst and I've locked myself in my room. I've had Cori bring up my dinner, and only left to go to the bathroom, I can't face Nicola or Jake. Not yet.

My hand still hurts immensely from when I broke the mirror, the blood has only just stopped running. I wrapped it up in a bandage I found under my bed.

My room is also still trashed. Haven't had the heart to clean it. The life force feels like it has been drained out of me.

It's Monday, meaning I have to go to this stupid group mentoring session. Cori told me that Nicola wants me dressed smartly for it.

Smartly?

It's not a bloody interview. You don't get a job out of it.

I may as well not even get dressed for it, I'll be out of there as soon as I arrive. River Raeken is not going to be putting up with me that's for sure.

"Blaze get dressed you're going to be late!" Nicola shouts upstairs.

I suppose I could just throw something on.

I grab a simple white top, my black leggings, combat boots and my leather jacket and put them on. On instinct I walk up to the broken mirror.

"Blaze hurry up let's go!" Nicola shouts up once again.

"All right I'm coming!" I snap.

Getting to the living room I see Nicola is not even rushing herself, she busy eating breakfast.

That crafty woman.

Got me down here to eat breakfast.

I have to give it to her, she's really convincing.

"Here you go." She pushes a plate of pancakes towards me as I sit down.

The pancakes smell delicious. My favourite peanut butter and chocolate spread on them. I scoff then down like they are nothing. They're too delicious.

After I finished my drink, Nicola was preparing to go, grabbing her stuff ready to leave.

"You ready to go Blaze?" Nicola asks, grabbing her car keys. I nod, standing up from my seat and walking towards the front door.

    The whole car journey Nicola droned on about how I need to be my best self when I'm there. Whatever that means. I just continually nodded and agreed, not fully knowing what I'm agreeing to. I think she thinks I'm going to burn the place down or something. I'm not that destructive.

"Why are you coming in with me?" I wonder aloud as the woman exits the car as I do.

"To make sure you don't run off....and to see that mentor." She smirks to herself.

Disgraceful. She's probably got a damn crush on the mentor.

"Ehh." I roll my eyes, trailing behind the woman with my head hung low.

I really am regretting waking up this morning. I hate feeling exposed like this, I feel like everyone's staring, even though no one is really around.

Inside the community centre, my godmother is still ahead of me, guiding me to the group.

"Here we are." She smiles, pushing em forward faintly.

Glimpsing inside I see people already inside, chatting away.

Oh fabulous.

If I didn't feel uncomfortable before I definitely do now.

Thanks a bunch, Nicola.

"I'm not going in there now. I'm already late. Why can't we just go?" I whine and scowl making it's way on my face.

"Blaze please." She urged her eyes look at me almost like she's begging.

I roll my eyes once again before opening the door, stepping inside. My hands going clammy and shaking.

Why am I so nervous?

Everyone in the room turns to look at me, they are all much older. I quickly take the nearest seat to the door, silently planning my escape if I don't like how things go.

I hear some women giggling like children to one another, pointing and staring at something from the other door.

Clearly they're just here for whatever eye candy works at the centre.

Fools.

The whole atmosphere in the room changed suddenly, everyone's eyes turned to the front of the room. My eyes however stayed firmly to the ground.

"Welcome everyone. To those who are new," an almost haunting voice spoke.

I felt the urge to lift up my head.

My eyes daze around the new figure standing at the front of the room, who is looking around at everyone.

"I'm River Raeken." His eyes flicker towards mine, gazing right at me.

Wow.....

—————————————
UNEDITED

RIVER 'FREAKING' RAEKEN EVERYBODY!!!!

My filler chapter is now complete.

So Blaze took a glance at River and let me tell you there is no unseeing.

Hope this one was satisfiable....

This filler chapter needed to be here to like properly start Blaze and River's journey and story sort of.

I just really need to introduce River, only slightly though.