6

BLAZE

     Staring into oblivion is a normal occurrence for me, especially if I'd took a few pills a few hours before. Like now I seem to be staring out of the little loft window, looking out at the back garden, seemingly watching the puppies, Cindy and Luna play, jumping around after each other.

Realising everyone must be up, I traipse downstairs. I feel as though I'm dragging my feet along with me. I feel totally out of it.

Probably the pills.

Downstairs I am greeted with hyperactive puppies, Cori asleep, with his head in his cereal, and Nicola and Jake bickering in the kitchen.

Chuckling at the sight, especially Cori's, I sit opposite him and slam my hands on the table, making him grumble and snort.

"Morning Cori-Cakes. Enjoying your cereal." I mock, making his head shoot up.  Looking at his state, his once clean hair now contained milk and soggy cornflakes.

"Oh god." He groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"God won't help the mess you've made Peanut. You better get cleaned."

"Shut up Blaze." He mumbled before walking off, disappearing to the bathroom.

      Sitting in silence gave me needed time to think. Mainly about my godparents plans for a counsellor, and who they are going to suggest. Not that I'm bothered, I'll be dodging whoever it is. Knowing the type of person Nicola is, she's probably been planning things out for me all morning.

My phone pinged. I wonder who this is? Though it's probably Greyson, messaging me to try and get back into my good books from him leaving me to get caught by the cops last night. Glancing at my phone I see that it's not Greyson, thank the lord. It's Bentley.

I like Bentley, he isn't like Greyson or any of his other friends. He's actually really kind and caring. Even though he's a classic fuck boy, he's the sweetest person ever.

Bentley - Hey I'm coming over.
                Be there in 10 x

I type back a quick see you soon and run up to my room to change before he arrives. Bentley always comes over once or twice a week, he's the only one that's allowed to come over, not that I'd invite Greyson or Carla.

"Blaze! Bentley's here." Jake hollered up the stairs.

I run back down to be greeted with a groggy looking Bentley in the living room. He has his shades on and he looks as if he's just thrown the first clothes he found on. His blue checkered flannel shirt is inside out, his plain T-shirt has a dirt patch on it, his jeans weren't done up properly and his shoelaces weren't even done.

His hangover must be pretty bad.

"Wow...someone got dressed in the dark this morning."

He laughed, sarcastically, before lying down on the sofa.

"Very funny Blaze, very funny. Anyway I dressed quickly so I could see your pretty face."

"Always the charmer." I moved his legs so I could sit down and I place them on top of mine, my body leaning into his side.

We kind of have this weird bond where we cuddle up to each other, I guess you could say we're best friends.

"Sorry about last night. I tried to get Grey to stop but he didn't listen." He always apologises, truth is I don't blame him, he was drunk, really drunk, so he couldn't do much.