23

Boom. Boom. Boom.

The steady noise echoing through,
Growing louder and louder.
With every breath
Every touch
Every word.

What is happening to my heart?
Am I dying?

Heat rises on my cheek,
Like the blazing sun,
Burning an imprint on my skin.

An everlasting signature from you.

NARRATOR

Evening came around quickly, quicker than Blaze would've liked. She was too busy dancing around her room, swaying her hips delicately to the beat. She was having too much of a good time to stop. Though she was excited for the night ahead.

By 5 o'clock Blaze was rushing to get ready for the theatre, trying her best to find an outfit that was casual but smart. She had to look presentable.

After finding something that would work and running off to the bathroom, her green eyes studied every aspect of herself. She truly looked different. Her hair fell neatly over her shoulders, there were no longer dark circles under her eyes, and her eyes seemed brighter, than ever before.

Tonight would be special to her. This was Blaze and her mother's dream to go to this musical. She was delighted when River brought her the tickets.

With a spring in her step, she made it downstairs.

Bentley and Cori were in the living room playing video games, not paying attention the the girl that just strolled in.

While she was trying to find the tickets Cori glanced up. His mouth instantly hanging open and his eyes going wide. He punched Bentley, pointing in the direction of Blaze. Both boys staring at her in awe.

"What?" Blaze glanced at the two, as she started to play with the hem of her leather jacket.

"Blaze you look..." Bentley stands, going to his best friend, scanning the girl over.

In her leather skirt, plain red top and leather jacket, and black wedges, the girl was truly a sight.

"Is there something wrong?" Frowning, she gazed down at her outfit.

"No...you look beautiful." Cori softly spoke, joining to stand by Bentley.

Blushing, she smiled sheepishly before turning to snatch the tickets that were on the top shelf.

A knock at the door, averted her attention from the boys. Kissing them both on the cheek, she scampered to the front door.

River stood there waiting for the girl to answer. Wiping down his sweaty palms and tapping his foot lightly on the concrete ground. He didn't expect Blaze to invite him, though he was glad he had another accuse to spend time with the girl.

When Blaze hugged him when he gave her the tickets, it stunned him a bit. He wasn't expecting the girl to leap in his arms. Not that he would complain, her vanilla scent enticed him so much that he didn't want to let her go.

"Hey." Blaze spoke, snapping River out of his trance.

His eyes wondered on the girl in front of him. The way her raven hair fell so effortlessly on her shoulders and the way her luscious green eyes brightened as she opened the door.