40

BLAZE

Having the house all to myself last night gave me some time after River dropped me off. I finished three drawings, had an hour long shower and decided to be helpful around the house. The kiss with River changed everything. After he dropped me off I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. A wide streched out smile that hurts after a while.

Only Nicola and Jake came home last night, Cori and Bentley not making an appearance. I wanted to spend the day with them but their phones go straight to voicemail every time I call.

Furiously throwing my phone on my bed, I go downstairs preparing to wait for the two idiots to come home. They’ve stayed out the entire night without telling anyone where they were or what they’re doing. They could be lying in a ditch somewhere and I’d be none the wiser.

With my arms crossed and a scowl upon my face, I glare out the window, waiting for Bentley’s familiar Jeep to pull up. What could they possibly be doing? 

“Blaze me and Jake will be back in a few hours, we’re picking Bentley and Cori up from the police station.” Nicola says grabbing her keys. Her expression I couldn’t fathom.

Oh, how the tables have turned. Innocent little Cori getting arrested, I have to see this for myself. What trouble could they have possibly got themselves into?

“I have to see this.” I laugh, jumping up from my seat.

The only time Cori has ever gotten in trouble is the time he got drunk at Joanna’s party, that is the only time I remember. Cori has always been the golden boy, done everything right and always been well behaved. Though being around Bentley and I has most likely brought out the bad side in him. He’s now a full fledged rebel. And I wait to find out what happened and what he did. I can’t be surprised at Bentley, it’s not the first time a day out has turned into a trip to the station.

The station was near town, not the normal one I used to go to. Bentley and Cori sat by each other, their head hung low and gazing to the floor. 

“Well well well. Corikins and Bentley, criminals of the night. What did you do? No, let me guess you either got really drunk and decided to dance in the middle of the road or drink driving.” I mock. Nicola and Jake were smoothing things over with the police giving me the chance to mock the two idiots.

“Please not now Blaze. My head hurts.” Cori whines scrubbing his eyes and groaning. His pale skin standing out and the bags under his eyes prominent.

“We created a disgusting concoction of vodka and beer,” Bentley spoke, a disgusted groan escaping Cori’s lips.

“And?” 

“We drank it.” 

Oh no. Even I know that’s not a good combination and I haven’t even tried it.

“For crying out loud.” I mutter slapping the sides of their heads.

“Ow…” they cry, rubbing their heads.

“That’s not all.” Cori then spoke.

“Cor we’re not supposed to tell her.” Bentley whispers thinking I didn’t notice.