28

BLAZE

December eighteenth came around far too quickly for some. For Bentley, Cori and I, it was well anticipated. Bentley and Cori wanted to have a Christmassy day, and bake cookies, on Bentley's request. Considering our lack of cooking skills who knows what will happen. That's one thing that's nerving me about the entire day.

Who knows what will happen? I have a feeling it won't be very good.

"What's up family!" The familiar voice of Bentley bellows. Slamming the door he strolls in, to Cori and I.

"Hello brother." Cori gets up, him and Bentley doing a well rehearsed 'bro' handshake. The minute long performance making me wonder why they even bother and why I'm still friends with them. The two started talking, completely ignoring my presence.

"Hello Bentley. Yes I'm fine thanks. Oh nothing much just busy getting ignored." I deadpan, glaring at the two.

Pushing passed them, I go to the kitchen, trying to find my mom's old bakery book. This year I really want to recreate what she used to make. Hopefully they won't be burnt to a crisp.

"Come back I'm sorry, it's just Cori and I have a better connection." Bentley jokes, rolling my eyes, I throw the bag of flour at him.

"Come on Mr. 'can we make cookies' get baking!" I mock, crossing my arms over my chest, glowering at the two of them. Hurriedly ushering them inside, I didn't want to waste any time at all.

Laughter filled the box size kitchen, smiles all around. The small kitchen caused us to bump into each other, flour flying everywhere, all over our clothes and faces.

"Bentley stop throwing flour!" Cori shouts as Bentley pats his face once again, making Cori scrunch his nose, trying hard not to breathe in.

Growing tired of their antics I grab the bag of flour and pour it all over them. Falling like snow on their face, they were covered, head to toe in flour. They looked like a makeshift ghost, pity it's Christmas not Halloween, they'd for sure scare the living hell out of someone.

Eyes darted to me, mischievous looks in their eyes. Sauntering closer to me so my back was against the wall, I try to avoid their intense stare. I knew exactly what they were going to do, making me instantly regret my actions.

Giggling, I put my arms out in front of me trying to block them from coming any closer.

"No where to run little Blaze. What will you do now?" Bentley smirked, a handful of flour in his hand.

Not saying a word, I try to push past them. Yanking my arm, Bentley pushes me to the floor, him landing right on top of me, straddling my lap.

Rolling around, the entire floor was white, along with myself. Looking to the side, footprints and handprints scattered the floor.

"Finley, be careful, the flour is going everywhere." I yelled. Picking him up, I move him to a kitchen stool, wanting to avoid anymore mess.

"Sorry Blay." Finley spoke, a slight pout on his face, his sky blue eyes meeting mine, instantly making me feel apologetic.

Little footprints of flour covered the kitchen floor. Finley's small arms grasped at the large mixing bowl, trying to mix the cookie dough. The entirety of the house smelt like nutmeg and cinnamon, enticing me to try the unbaked goods already.