37

BLAZE

Carla’s warning worried me deeply, but I wasn’t about to let it affect my good mood and high spirits, plus I’m sure nothing will happen just yet. I can’t be certain though I’m keeping a lookout and my guard up. Greyson ruining me doesn’t sound enjoyable and from what I’ve seen in the past when he’s done it to others it would be good on the receiving end.

After my meltdown and finding the pills under the bed I knew I would have to have a tidy out. I don’t trust myself to do it on my own so I asked Bentley and Cori to help me but they decided to create different plans out of thin air leaving me alone. Luckily River is free otherwise I’d have to wait another day, I don’t think I’m strong enough to do it alone. 

The rain drops slapped on the roof causing a noise throughout the house. The unexpected storm brought my jovial mood down. Waiting by the window my eyes focus on the falling raindrops, not noticing that River has arrived and is standing in the doorway to the living room.

Intaking a breath I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, a smile spreading across my face at the sight of him. Despite the weather bringing my mood down, River changed it by being here. His red and black plaid shirt hugs his body in the most perfect way and I can’t help but stare at the sight of him.

“I knocked but you didn’t answer so I let myself in.”

“That’s fine.”

“So what am I doing here?”

“You’re going to help me clean my room. I think it’s time to throw out my hidden stashes,” I smirk as I see his smile drop.

“Stashes? As in more than one?” he says furrowing his brows.

---------------

My room is a mess, plastic bags full of stuff that needed to be cleaned out, boxes filled with things I’ve pointlessly hoarded over the years and clothes lying around over the floors. 

Bentley and Cori were right, I am a bit of a slob. 

Making a pile of things I want to throw out, I buddle them and throw them out of my room ready to throw outside later. 

“Blaze, how many stashes do you have exactly? I’ve found three already.” River spoke showing me packets of pills and alcohol. He shakes his head seeing the smile on my face. 

Chuckling, I say,

“There’s only one more under my bed.” Kneeling I grasp the rest of my stash handing them to River to put in a box. 

Glancing around I notice my room is almost done, the entirety of it being clean. Random stuff has been put away or thrown out, along with clothes that have been folded and put away. My room seems brighter now, finally having no more gloominess surrounding it. No longer living in the dark. 

River’s bellowing laugh echoed throughout the house, holding his stomach he shows me what he was laughing at, a scowl setting itself on my face. A baby picture of me, where a young me is shamelessly eating wet sand from a bucket.

“Nice meal was it. No wonder your room was a mess, that sand has messed with your head.” He smirks, backing away from as I saunter toward him. A stern expression that I’m trying so desperately to hold onto.