7

Sometimes is good to let loose.

But when you've been doing that for so long....

The parties, the drinking, the drugs, the freedom. You don't feel like you're letting go.

There's a normality with it.
A repetitive cycle.

That you want to get out of
But you're just too stubborn and lost to even try.

BLAZE

It's been a few days since I was looking through the leaflets, thankfully Nicola hasn't got back to me on the meetings just yet, only reason I'm thankful is that I don't want to deal with everything just yet and because I still don't want to go.

I'm stubborn I guess.

Really stubborn.

Today however is party night at Carla's, though I'm probably not going to go, not after she left me to get arrested, plus Greyson will probably be there and I still want to punch him in his stupid face. Party nights always end badly and I'm not in the mood. It will just be a repeat from the last one, and that was pretty messy.

Bentley has been texting me non stop about it, he's amazed that I said no to going. Apparently it's not like me to say no to a party especially our groups classic party night.

The thoughts about the party soon disappear when Nicola calls from downstairs.

"Blaze! Cori's girlfriend is here. Come and introduce yourself." Nicola shouted to me from downstairs.

"I'm Blaze O'Toole it's a pleasure to meet you." I shouted down, I just really don't want to move from the comfort of my bed, I'm too cosy.

"Come down I said." Nicola shouts up again.

I huff and make my way downstairs, making sure to stomp on every step as I go down.

"Hi." I mutter walking to the sofa. As soon as I sit down Luna and Cindy come barging in, licking me and barking.

"Girls! Sit!" I tell them, lightly pushing them off. Those dogs are too loveable and crazy for their own good.

"Blaze this is Joanna Leigh, my girlfriend." Cori came up to me and introduced.

"Hello....I'm Blaze." I wave at the girl very unenthusiastically. Joanna was beautiful, too beautiful for Cori.

"You're suppose to be in my college class I think?" The girl says. Coming to think of it I probably am, I've only attended class a few times. I really don't like my course.

"Yeah." I muttered.

"Hey want to come to Joanna's party tonight?" Cori asks me after a few minutes of silence.

A party...a part of me screams not to go, that it would be a really bad idea. I'll probably do something I'd regret tomorrow morning. There again, this party will probably different to the ones I'm used too.

"Wow, never would have expected this. Little Cori inviting me to a party." I mocked, staring up at him.

"Yeah..." He smiled sheepishly.

"Sure why not. Only if Bentley can come."

He looks to Joanna for approval, which she nodded. She seems sweet and too good for ole Cori-kins here. How he pulled a gorgeous girl like her I'd never know.

"It'll be fun. Starts at 8." Joanna smiled sweetly before going off to the dining room with Cori.

I pull out my phone to text Bentley, inviting him. He replies in no time at all saying he'll meet me an hour before it all starts. Normal for us, we normally have a few drinks before we go. Tradition for us now.

At least if Bentley's there we'll have fun, meaning we'll probably be the life of the damn thing. I can't really picture Cori and Joanna being the party animal types, I don't even think Cori has ever got drunk. Maybe I'll change that for him. He needs to let loose.

I'm not really that excited for the party. Yes it will be a good time, but it's just going to be an ordinary night for me, as bad as that sounds.

"Do you think it's a good idea for you to be going to this party Blaze?" Jake spoke from in the kitchen, "it's just that I know what you and Bentley are like together."

"Don't worry honey, if Blaze wants to go she can go, as long as she doesn't drink."

No drinking! Yeah, excuse me Nicola, but that's not happening. It will be boring otherwise. Plus it's a party not a freaking chess club.

"Do you agree not to drink there Blaze?"

"Don't worry Jake, I won't." I smile convincingly.

I'll drink a little bit, not too much. I'll try anyway.

—————

Seven o'clock rolled around and I was just finishing my makeup, by applying my red lipstick. Glancing over my outfit, I pull my cherry red dress down a bit and throw on my white converse. Bentley should be here now, he's always on time surprisingly.

Before I leave my room I rummage under my bed for my pills. The blue pills sit in my hand, I stare at them thinking whether I should take some or not.

Not giving myself time to decide I grab a few and shove them into my pocket. I'll decide when I'm there.

I run down to see Bentley, standing by the stairs waiting for me. He looks rather handsome tonight.

"Looking good Bentley." I sat as I grab him for a hug.

"Don't I always." He smirks as I pull away.

Cocky fucker. Like per usual.

Bentley put his hand in his pocket pulling out a little bottle of whiskey, handing it to me, waiting for me to take a swig.

"Let's go. Don't want to miss out on the, non alcoholic beverages!" He annoyingly shouts just so my godparents would hear.

I laugh and follow him outside where he's got a car waiting for us.

Tonight will be okay. I hope.

——————————

UNEDITED

A little filler chapter.

How was that chapter for you?

So blaze is going to a party for the next chapter, what do we think is going to go down?

What do we think about Bentley and Blaze's friendship?

Fun fact the puppies that I've wrote into the story are very real, they're my cousins dogs, she just so happens to be called Nicola too 😂🤦🏻‍♀️