20

BLAZE

A month since River met me in Cofton Field and I'm starting to get on a good, steady path. I no longer feel as though I'm falling, which is a good feeling. I know I've still got a long way to go but I'm positive.

River is amazing with me, and I'm always excited to meet with him. Considering I was reluctant to have another mentor in the beginning. Though he doesn't feel like my mentor. He's a really great guy and great company.

The weeks that I've past, every single day I've spent with River. We've got closer and closer, during the time we've spent together. Spending my time with him has blossomed a whole new friendship. Though it doesn't feel like any friendship I've had before, it feels different, I can't really explain it. It's just when I'm with him, I feel like I'm standing on air. Weird in a way.

Although the darkness is still somewhat inside of me, River has pulled me away from most of it. It's like River's flicked a switch and brightened my life.

One time these past few weeks we went for peaceful walk, that surprisingly made me quite calm, when I was going through a rough patch, at the time I really wanted a drink, I was craving some. That was after my idiotic best friend came around at 11 at night, drunk out of his mind, with a bottle of Jack Daniel's in hand, singing his heart out to Let It Go from the Frozen movie.

We also met up at my favourite park one night, we played on the swings like giddy little children. We talked loads and just had a great time. We were both smiling like cheshire cats. I haven't smiled so much in my life. His smile made me smile to be honest. He has an amazing smile. In that moment it was like the last few years didn't even happen, like it was just him and I.

River Raeken has totally changed me. From that damn first meeting when we first met, when I yelled at him. It's changed everything. Nothing in my life is the same anymore.

I want to talk to him about my parents and my little brother, the accident. I will soon enough, it's just the words won't come out. I never know what to say. I hope to talk about it soon, because I trust him. A lot. And I know he'd understand.

River mentioned something about his dad. He didn't go in to detail but I saw the pain written all over his face, in his eyes. He looked just as broken as me.

Probably why we get along so well, we're really similar.

I just really don't know what I'm feeling anymore. Everything is so confusing.

—————————————

UNEDITED

Tried something different with this chapter, I quite like it. Wanted to give you a little in sight to Blaze's mind.

I wrote most of it down on old flash cards that I never used for my exams last year, at least they're coming in useful for something.