18

NARRATOR

   Blaze ripped her hand away from Bentley's and clenched her hands in a fist, digging her nails into her palms. She needed to calm down. She couldn't let Greyson get the better of her. Her breathing became ragged and her eyes went dark. She wanted nothing more than to rip that disgusting smirk from his face.

Greyson continued to laugh at Blaze's struggle. He knew exactly what would tick her off. Unknowingly to him and anyone else, it made Blaze feel extra heartache. Her family were a subject she never really brought up, no one dared to either.

Blaze has been reliant on drugs and alcohol to numb any feeling for quite some time. The black hole in her chest used to disappear with every sip of alcohol.

Now she's sober, and trying with all her will not to take a step back into the ever so pitch black darkness. The cravings, unrevealed to anyone, were slowly calling her back, making her want to knock back every single ounce of liquor and take every last pill.

She was trying so hard, then Greyson spoke, making Blaze feel every single ache that she's been drowning out for some time.

Greyson didn't care what he said to Blaze, he wanted to hurt her, wanted her to come running back to him. He wanted to have power over her again. He has always wanted Blaze for himself, hated the friendship she had with Bentley and anyone else.

With her heart throbbing and hands twitching, Blaze glared and took steps towards the laughing boy.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Face. Before. I. Kill. You." She snarled, now standing right in front of him, glowering at him.

She could've strangled him. She wanted to, she held back every angry thought she  had mustered about the boy and pushed it back, deep within her.

Bentley quickly moved and stood behind Blaze, a soothing hand on her shoulder, pulling her backwards. He wanted to help his best friend, he saw the darkness in her eyes as soon as Greyson spoke about her family. He knew she was going to snap.

Cori stood by the parked cars, not knowing what to do, he knew he couldn't do much. It was a low blow even for Greyson to bring up the accident.

"Oh little Blazey. Your big and strong Bentley here to back you up I see." He spoke glancing up at Bentley, scowling at him.

In truth, Greyson was jealous, taking his jealousy into a whole other level. He hated that Bentley and Blaze hooked up at the party, and he hates the fact that they are closer than Blaze and him would ever be.

"Come on Blaze. Show me the fire I'm so fond of." He was pushing her, closer and closer to the edge.

"Leave Greyson. Now!" Bentley yelled, moving so he was in front of Blaze.

A crowd had slowly gathered, circling the four teens.

Greyson started to chuckle, throwing his head back and smirking. "Poor Blaze. Needing protection, the girl I remember didn't need anyone." He wanted a reaction, he craved one.

"Stop. You had your fun. I'm done with you, once and for all," Blaze stood in front of him once again, "now leave!"

Blaze was hanging on by a thread. A part of her wanted to bawl her eyes out and the other part of her wanted to get so high she's forget what day it is. She wanted to feel nothing and everything all at the same time. She was a jumbled mess.

"You're never getting rid of me." Greyson smiled, stroking Blaze's face.

Blaze gripped his hand, throwing it off her and striking a quick punch to his face. Greyson went stumbling back, holding on to his now red cheek.