17

BLAZE

      I, apparently, have to go back to college. Though I really don't want to. I'm bored with it now. My course is rubbish, not that I ever go. It's just a day wasted, when I could be with River.

I enjoyed my time with River the other day, we haven't met up since, but I've messaged him, telling him how I'm getting on and stuff. I felt a bit nervous to message him actually, sometimes I don't even know what to say. I can't wait to see him again though, I wish it was sooner rather than later.

Waking up to clattering downstairs, I groan and cover my ears with my fluffy pillows. It's too early in the morning for noise. I wish everyone would be quiet and give me a little peace. I deserve it.

"Kids! Breakfast is ready!" Jake shouted.

Groaning even more, I roll out of my bed and hit the floor.

"Balls!" I yell, feeling a pain up my side.

Why has breakfast got to be so early? Plus Jake can't even cook, so it's probably just toast, not worth getting out of bed for.

Strolling down the stairs, and into the living room, I see Bentley and Cori laughing, eating toast while playing video games.

Damn you Nugget, you've stolen my best friend. I ought to kick his ass. Actually what was Bentley doing here this early in the first place, I'm surprised he's dressed and looking the way that he is. I swear he should just move in.

"Hey B!" Bentley chirped.

"Morning." I mutter, taking a sip of orange juice that was on the table.

Cori goes off to the kitchen, so I take his place and controller.

"You know, I thought Cori was some kind of freak before, but now I've got to know him after the party, we actually get on pretty well. I like him, he's great fun." He tells me.

"Is that right?" I hum.

"Don't worry, you're still my favourite." He whispered, side hugging me and smiling like an idiot.

"I'm everybody's favourite." I smile back.

"You sure you should be coming back to college? I mean I don't think you've ever actually attended college sober, so how will you cope?" He wondered with concern.

He's right to be concerned though. There are too many insufferable people at college. I rarely snapped at college when I was drunk or high, everything took my edge off. Now I'm doing this whole sober thing, I could easily snap.

I'd like to punch Greyson though. I'm still mad at him for what he did at the bonfire party, leaving me to get caught.

"I'll try. It's not really my choice to go back, I'd rather do other things."

"Like having another meeting with that mentor of yours." He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

Fabulous.

Cori must've opened his big mouth.

"No, and stop with the smirk. I'm really giving this a go, okay. So please stop teasing me. It's serious. Professional." My face remained straight. "Plus, he's not mine..." I mutter.

"You want him to be. Cori told me everything you know."

"No! I don't want him to be anything."

Yeah....I think I just lied through my teeth

I elbow him lightly in the side, hoping it would distract him from the topic, which thankfully it does.